“3 days on the beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake Bay
Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp
You added Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp to your Saves list
Caletas de Osa Beach, Drake Bay, Costa Rica   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota City, Minnesota
“3 days on the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Corcovado tent camp – is appropriately named a “TENT CAMP” though we had cabins the amount of wildlife in them reminded me of past camping experiences. To say it is rustic is an understatement. Also to say it has nice scenery is a GROSS understatement. The place is right outside Corcovado national Park. The tours offered are really good and are done with top noch guides and equipment. We went on a nature tour and did snorkeling. The food was very good for the 3 days we were there.

Room Tip: We choose a cabin versus a TENT which gave us a private bath room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We loved our stay at the Corcovado Tent Camp. Lucky to have tents on the beach, the view was gorgeous and the sound of the waves was a luxury, despite the moldy tents and sketchy electricity. We loved the communal dining, as did our 3 twenty something children . The food was not fabulous but it was plentiful. Our hike in Corcovado with Adrian was a highlight. Hiking along the beach was terrific, too. Showers could use some major updating.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Perry, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place was by far the best way to experience the best of nature in Costa Rica. The tents are as comfortable as tents can be- two beds, electrical outlets and a light. Restrooms and showers were so-so...but, you're camping...get over it! Adrian, our guide was amazing on the tour of Corcovado National Park and snorkeling at Cano Island. Meals were great. All employees were super friendly and fun! The place is right on the gorgeous beach. Lulled to sleep each night by sounds of the waves. Monkeys playing in the trees right above us! Hiking trails all around. Horseback riding available which was a great time! Some in our group went scuba diving and loved it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I did not even plan on making the Osa Peninsula and Corcovado part of my trip to Costa Rica. But I am SO grateful that I met a fellow traveler along the way who recommended it to me because it ended up being my favorite place!

From start to finish I was exceptionally impressed with the service that my friend and I received! We were greeted and welcomed immediately after arriving by boat. Adrian was an amazing host and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and special! He is an asset to the experience and I will never forget his hospitality, knowledge about the area and wildlife, and incredible passion for what he does. He is amazing!!

I originally booked 2 nights but fell in love with the sheer beauty of this tropical paradise and ended up staying another night! I went to Corcovado National Park and saw so much wildlife. Being a former zookeeper I was in awe of all the animals I got to see in one day. Including a Tapir! This was a huge highlight for me...it brought me to tears to see one so close in the wild!!

I also got to snorkel around Cano Island and it was a magical experience. The abundance of sea life was wonderful. I even saw a giant Manta Ray from the boat!

Being an avid camper the accommodations at the Tent Camp were quite a luxury for me. The tents have beds, lights, and outlets to charge electrical devices. The tours are all inclusive and everything is included. The meals were delicious and the showers were actually really nice and hot!

There are additional trails you can take, including one that brings you to a local who provides canoe trips down the Rio Claro where you can see lots of wildlife, jump off a rock into the river, and explore a multi tiered waterfall. He also makes and sells jewelry and all the proceeds go to protecting the Sea Turtles in the area. A venture he does on his own and is very passionate about.

Other highlights include: A sunset kayak trip with Adrian, fireflies all around the camp, bioluminescent algae washing up on shore, periodic thunder/lightening storms, and a viewing platform in the forest.

I can't say enough good things about my experience here! I highly recommend seeing this part of the country and this is a perfect place to enjoy it!

Thank you for the memories that will last me a lifetime!!

Melissa, from California :-)

• Stayed December 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Do not expect luxury accommodations, ac, or gourmet food. The place is fantastic, unique. There are 24 tents distributed through the forest, 6 of them are located almost right on the beach. Each tent comes with electricity and 24 light, a large wooden bed, small sitting area and fan. The manager Celso is a local guy who is particularly friendly. Food was great too. Celso served us a fresh fish one day, beef and rice, black beans, plantains and salad the next. The place has its own trails that meaner through the forest + a hanging bridge that connects the ground with a treetop. Depending on the package ( we booked one called Full Adventure Combo ), tours are also included. We had Sirena Corcovado and snorkeling at Cano island included. Thank you Celso for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I booked a 3 nights package over My Costa Rica - this included transportation, food, accomodation, tour to Corcovado National Park and Snorkling on Isla de Caño. Everything worked out perfectly, the staff was extremly friendly and helpful, food was delicious. As the name of the hotel says, it is camping (monkeys are walking on the top of your tents, Iguanas lay in front of your tent, etc,) - beeing aware of that, the accomodation was great: comfortable beds and electricity in the tents, view on the ocean. I would defenitly go back there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here first part of our trip in early feb this year. Arriving here is like arriving in paradise! Staff met us at the boat to carry our bags. We stayed in the honeymoon tent which has the best view of the ocean. From the very beginning we felt we were finally on vacation. You don't miss the tv or a/c-great breezes from the ocean constantly. You start focusing on the important things-the ones you are with-great activities and enjoying each others company. We stayed 3 nights and did the snorkeling and park tour-both were so amazing I can't even describe. The guide snorkeling made this experience the best for me-I have had bad experiences and he made me want to go more-maybe even get a diving license. But one of the best parts of our trip was the night tour we took with one of the staff members at our tents. It was just us and another girl. We had the best time! The food here is fresh and I thought pretty good compared to restaraunts we ate at in San Jose. They really cater to you here. The showers are an experience in themselves but if you have ever camped before they are actually good. Some even have heat. Glad we went here and we are coming back in a few years!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp? Share your experiences!