I did not even plan on making the Osa Peninsula and Corcovado part of my trip to Costa Rica. But I am SO grateful that I met a fellow traveler along the way who recommended it to me because it ended up being my favorite place!
From start to finish I was exceptionally impressed with the service that my friend and I received! We were greeted and welcomed immediately after arriving by boat. Adrian was an amazing host and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and special! He is an asset to the experience and I will never forget his hospitality, knowledge about the area and wildlife, and incredible passion for what he does. He is amazing!!
I originally booked 2 nights but fell in love with the sheer beauty of this tropical paradise and ended up staying another night! I went to Corcovado National Park and saw so much wildlife. Being a former zookeeper I was in awe of all the animals I got to see in one day. Including a Tapir! This was a huge highlight for me...it brought me to tears to see one so close in the wild!!
I also got to snorkel around Cano Island and it was a magical experience. The abundance of sea life was wonderful. I even saw a giant Manta Ray from the boat!
Being an avid camper the accommodations at the Tent Camp were quite a luxury for me. The tents have beds, lights, and outlets to charge electrical devices. The tours are all inclusive and everything is included. The meals were delicious and the showers were actually really nice and hot!
There are additional trails you can take, including one that brings you to a local who provides canoe trips down the Rio Claro where you can see lots of wildlife, jump off a rock into the river, and explore a multi tiered waterfall. He also makes and sells jewelry and all the proceeds go to protecting the Sea Turtles in the area. A venture he does on his own and is very passionate about.
Other highlights include: A sunset kayak trip with Adrian, fireflies all around the camp, bioluminescent algae washing up on shore, periodic thunder/lightening storms, and a viewing platform in the forest.
I can't say enough good things about my experience here! I highly recommend seeing this part of the country and this is a perfect place to enjoy it!
Thank you for the memories that will last me a lifetime!!
Melissa, from California :-)
- Also Known As:
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Hotel Drake Bay
- Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp Costa Rica/Drake Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp offers you an affordable and comfortable opportunity to vacation on one of the most beautiful places on the planet; the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica. We provide comfortable accommodations in full-size tents with wood-frame beds. Our tents are covered by a large tarp to protect them from the tropic sun and rain. Each has a front deck with chairs and a great view of the Pacific Ocean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Corcovado Adventures Tent Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.