“DO IT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaguar's Jungle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake Bay
Jaguar's Jungle
You added Jaguar's Jungle to your Saves list
Drake Bay, Costa Rica   |
Toronto, Canada
“DO IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Staying at Jaguar's Jungle was like staying in the Garden of Eden. The primary jungle, on the ocean right next to Corcovado park is teaming with wildlife. It was great to see coatis, macaws, and monkeys come by and visit while we ate our meals. Of course there's lots of options for adventure seekers to explore the surrounding trails and visit Corcovado in depth.

The vibe is laid back, and casual. I met some great friends while visiting. There's options for sleeping in dorms, or private cabins. The common areas are comfortable and welcoming.... like a family cottage on the ocean. Really liked the food, especially fresh-caught snapper. Oh, and there's a Yoga studio in the works....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

What a place ! Lot's of rooms and different choices. A large property with magnificent Ocean Views and just steps away. A water Taxi practically drops you at the front door and there are always happy faces to greet you and help manage your bags. The property has amazing rolling grass lawns. Coconut trees line the ocean with both beaches and rocky landscapes. Monkeys often jump from tree to tree! The snorkeling right there is amazing with every fish imaginable. The wildlife is the best I've seen. Excellent staff and closest land mass to Cano Island. The meals are freshly prepared and caters to your needs. If you want to experience this area of Costa Rica in it's native environment - this is the place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

It was fate that my friends and I stumbled upon Leo and Jaguar's Jungle, as we hadn't even planned on staying in Drake Bay, but we are so glad we did. It is such a special place. There is a perfect little beach where we arrived by boat and it was so beautiful. You can see the ocean from the bunk beds. The sleeping area was comfortable and clean. Each bed has a name, it's cute. I slept so well there, in the middle of the jungle with the sound of the waves. The food was delicious and fresh. I loved the design of the hostel. It's simple but the details make it really nice. Leo is awesome too, so fun to hang out with. He took us on a hike and was an excellent guide. I'd love to go back and stay longer!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ashville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

After 4 months of traveling through Central America, I have to admit that this is probably my favorite place. I've been twice on the same trip.The beauty is surreal and the vibe is super, super laid back. Time kind of stops and the days blur together here. Take the kayak out, go snorkeling, go hiking, enjoy some really nice meals and watch the sun melt into the ocean. Also, book Leo for a tour of Corcovado, it's beautiful and full of wildlife. Part of me doesn't want to review this because I don't want other people finding it. I like it that much. If you go to Costa Rica and skip this place, you're missing out on the best spot in the country.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Furstenzell, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Best place for relaxation and adventure at the same time in the jungle and the sea. Bring enough cash and everything else you need like special food and drinks, the nearest shop is a few kilometers away. For me the food was absoulut perfect, healthy and delicious. Pluck and eat as much coconut and mango you want :) Sharks and turtles while snorkeling on Cano island. Monkeys, snakes, tapirs, sloths, and many other wonderful animals right outside your door or at hiking in the Corcovado National Park right next to.
I had so much fun with the people there and every day was a new little adventure together.
I can not describe how happy I was at this place, I would have loved to stay much longer. Absolutely the most beautiful place I had ever been in my life and to which I will come back for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This place might be at the top of the list of most beautiful places I have ever been. If you're looking for nature and animals, love the the ocean, and enjoy night after night of spectacular sunsets- go here. Super chill atmosphere (time behaves differently over there), combined with endless potential for adventure (once you've spent enough time in the hammock ask leo about activities) Yummy healthy food and great people always coming through. Remember, there is no road or stores nearby, if there are some things you cant live without or special food you'd like to have- bring them with you before getting on the boat. Leave the world behind and go spend some time in paradise!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

A beautiful hostile in the Corcodova Jungle. With private beaches and hike entrances there is always something to do. The people are lovely and genuine. It's a gem on the coast on the jungle. I went with a group of UCSB students and I can say we had a trip of a lifetime. We snorkeled, hiked waterfalls, swam in Rio Claro, relaxed at the hostile, hiked in the Jungle and even camped! I would definitely come back :)

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Jaguar's Jungle? Share your experiences!