“Great Boat and Crew!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 17 Attractions in Drake Bay
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Fish Drake Bay is the Premier Sport Fishing Company in Drake Bay and the Osa Peninsula. We offer the Reel Escape - a 35 ft. luxury sport-fishing yacht with air-conditioning and a full size bathroom, and the Reel Time - a new 26 ft. center console with a 250 hp Yamaha 4-stroke engine. We have the best captain and mates in Drake Bay and all top of the line equipment. We offer in-shore, bottom fishing and offshore trips. We are happy to customize the trip of your dreams.
Loomis, California
“Great Boat and Crew!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband is a fisherman but I am not so the thought of being in a rocking boat all day made me a little nervous. However, when Reel Escape pulled up in their beautiful 35' boat filled with food, drinks and a place for me hang out in the AC, I was wonderful. The guys really helped me learn how to cast and fish. I had a great time and I know my husband did, too! I would highly recommend this boat and crew, they knew what they were doing and it was all about us catching fish. If fishing was like this every time, I would go with my husband and become a fisherwoman :)

Visited June 2013

Drake
“Perfecto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

First I have to say that captain Willy and the crew is amazing, super friendly and acknowledge, the boat it,s over the top and the equipment also... Drinks, food, music, a/c room, kitchen, bathroom, front deck and dolphins company make it a super enjoyable fishing trip, Also the tunas, wahoos and rooster fishs can give you the perfect ending like it happened to us, highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
San Jose, Costa Rica
17 attraction reviews
“Best boat in southern Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from a weekend in Drake Bay and we had an amazing time. I've fished with Captain Willy a few times before over the past couple of years so I knew he was good, but he really out did himself this time. The best fishing season in Drake Bay is typically November through April so we knew we weren't coming at the peak time, but it didn't make a difference. Willy offered to take us off-shore to see if we could find any billfish, and we proceeded to release 3 in the morning and had a few more knockdowns and one crash our dredge.

After that we found a huge pod of spinner dolphin and Willy put us in front of them to go after yellow-fin tuna, which fortunately was red hot that day. We caught 7 in total, all in the 20-40 lb range, so we had plenty to eat. Willy offered to take us bottom fishing as well, but we declined as we couldn't resist a tuna bite that consistently good.

The boat itself is a new boat to the area, a beautiful 35' Cabo with top of the line electronics, Shimano Tyrnos conventional tackle, and a luxurious cabin complete with AC. The mate, Alex, is an excellent fisherman himself but also provides excellent service. He was always offering us drinks and fresh fruit, and he prepared a great lunch for us. He was nice enough to let us hook our own fish and gave us advice to help us improve. Even if the bite wasn't red hot it still would have been a great day on that boat and with those guys, but of course 7 yellow-fins and 3 sailfish just makes it that much more memorable!

Visited July 2013
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Monster Rooster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked a full day of inshore fishing with my 12 year old son who is also an avid fisherman. The crew from the Reel Escape picked us up in front of our hotel - the boat is a 35' CABO - clean, ran well, served a great lunch and was fully stocked with water, juice and beer + top of the line tackle. The Capt. was Willy and he has fished all over the world including a few years in the USA (he speaks perfect english) - He is local and is very dialed into the inshore/offshore bite. Willy had two additional mates and they were fantastic. Since we were visiting CR during June I knew the offshore/billfish bite may be slow, so we opted for a day of inshore fishing. We caught tons of fish (Snapper, grouper, small tuna, jacks, etc. on Jig, bait, poppers, troll)...The Captain really listened to what we wanted to do and put us on the fish. If a picture paints a 1,000 words, I think the attached picture of my son and his Rooster Fish says it all.

I can't wait to fish with them on my next trip - As far as Drake Bay goes - they are the ONLY boat to charter!

Visited June 2013
“First Class All The Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just got back from Drake Bay yesterday and spent 4 days fishing on the Reel Escape. It is by far the best charter boat I have been on in my very long fishing career. Willy is clearly one of the best captains in CR and he put us on fish after fish. Alex, the first mate works absolutely non stop to provide the most relaxable, enjoyable trip imaginable. The boat itself was absolutely amazing. With a very large air conditioned cabin with a full bathroom we were able to escape the heat and relax as we traveled to different fishing spots. The fishing was excellent with a wide variety...sailfish, wahoo, red snapper, tuna, triggers, grouper, AJ, rooster fish, etc. We told Willy what we wanted and he put us on it immedietly. Very clean and comfortable boat and the captain and mate are first class guides. Excellent Boat will definitely be back.

Visited May 2013