My family had the most wonderful visit at Drake Bay WR. We flew into Drake Bay with a little plane, picked up by a rover, taken to the beach where we climbed into a small boat amongst the waves which took us across the bay to DBWR. We had daily excursions with very professional and knowledgable guides. We'd return to appetizers on the beautiful bar veranda overlooking the ocean. We'd play games until dinner. Dinner was always delicious & Costa Rican. Everyone was professional, friendly, helpful and happy! My kids loved it. It was the beginning of the rainy season so we had the place to ourselves & it was amazing. Very natural & felt rustic & true Costa Rica. Corcovada National Park is wonderful & easy to get to from here. Horseriding on the beach was amazing & swimming in waterfall pools & climbing up & hiking to waterfalls, snorkeling, kayaking. All was very fun. We really felt like we got away and really felt like we got to experience the REAL Costa Rica. It is a quality family memory we will never forget! We all were so sad to leave.
- Also Known As:
- Drake Bay Wilderness Hotel Drake Bay
- Drake Bay Wilderness Hotel
- Drake Bay Wilderness Resort Costa Rica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since it was founded in 1985, Drake Bay Wilderness Resort has continued to be a family run business. Our focus has been to take good care of our guests so that they'll feel right at home. We try to be as flexible as possible, taking into consideration people´s needs and we do our very best to fulfill special requests. For instance, we will prepare meals for special diets. Furthermore, the hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful locations in the area. It has large open areas with a bounty of beautiful flowers, tropical plants, big mango trees, and beach almond trees that attract the raucous macaws. The property gives you the feel of being in a private island since the river flows along the backside of the property and the whole front side meets the ocean. In addition to this, most visitors come to us by boat and the access by land to the hotel is a small path, unreachable by car, that is submerged in a jungle. Best of all, there is a paradise like view of the bay and ocean, reflecting the deep blue sky and, beyond that, hills bound in lush forests.We offer all sorts of extras that help make our guests' stay more comfortable and enjoyable. For example, we include a full laundry service. Kayaks close to the water are always at our guests' disposal. We have a restaurant, bar, swimming pool, dock, and hammocks to relax under the shade of a tree with the cool ocean breeze blowing on you. From our hotel we take guests on adventures in snorkeling, hiking, diving, canoeing and whale watching. Visitors often see four species of monkeys, sloths, tapir, caiman and a myriad of birds, including the scarlet macaw, mangrove hawk, toucan... ... more less