My husband and I (we are in our late 20s / early 30s) just got back from a five day stay at the fabulous La Paloma.... The resort offers Ritz Carlton service (they never say "no" to any request) with the perfect mixture of relaxation on amazing beaches mixed in with snorkeling trips to a nearby island and hikes through the nearby Corcovado jungle, where we spotted several different kinds of monkeys, scarlet macaws and several other types of mammals (a family that was there while we were even saw two pumas). Nicole, La Paloma's manager, is totally accomodating, organized and extremely personable. In fact all the staff have these same qualities, and the nature guides, especially Randall, are extremely knowledgeable not only about the wildlife, but local customs and are just fun to be around. We booked pretty late for December (that is the busiest month) so we had to switch rooms a few times during - but they made it nearly seamless to us by moving our luggage for us, plus we were able to experience the different types of lodging there - if you are a family or two couples, book Villa #1 ... amazing 180 degree views of Drake Bay and scarlet macaws and white faced monkeys right outside of our window. This is "good living" right in the nearly untouched wilderness of the Osa Peninsula. One last thing to add - the other visitors to La Paloma are great and we really connected with a few of the families who stayed there. Plus, they only have 7 villas/rooms - that, combined with the family style dining makes it really feel like you are at home, but in the jungle of Costa Rica.
Just one last comment to add - I never usually add reviews on these types of websites - but La Paloma inspired me and I highly recommend it to anyone considering visiting Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay