We just returned from La Paloma Lodge to celebrate our birthdays. The trip was a gift to us. What a delight! EVERYTHING was beautiful, the staff was courteous and attentive, and we had the finest tour guide we've ever had in 12 years of living in Costa Rica. After flying into Drake Bay, (a great adventure in itself), we were met by a courteous driver who drove us to the beach where we entered a boat. From there, we excitedly entered the property of La Paloma. Dinia was there to welcome us warmly while our bags were whisked away by staff personnel. She ushered us into the dining room (what a view!) where there was a spread of perfectly ripened tropical fruits, mora (blackberry juice), homemade muffins and the best coffee you can drink. We were able to relax immediately. What a treat. She explained all about the lodge and was nearby during our entire stay to answer questions and provide advise. Dinner was fantastic. I had fresh fish at every meal except breakfast. The fish chef's salad was the best ever, and the salad dressing, homemade breads, muffins are all amazing. Everything was prepared in a healthy, delicious way, and they asked about our food preferences. Since my husband has an allergy to garlic, that was a huge blessing. Each meal, the server presented his food reminding us that it did not have any garlic.... and it was still delicious without the garlic. Our room was immaculate and gorgeous. Nicest bathroom and shower we've seen here, deck with balcony, chairs and hammock, exotic birds and monkeys right there, scarlet macaws flying overhead...unbelievable. I loved how they are super "green" and were that way before it was cool. They are committed to the environment and the community. People in town and the staff love the owners of 25+ years, who have an amazing story you can read about. Randall, our guide, grew up in the area, moved to the USA for a time and returned to work for them. He's the best guide ever. We loved the hike in the Corcovado Park and enjoyed all the time we spent with him, understanding the wildlife and Osa better. He is a wealth of information and knowledge. I cannot say enough good things about this place. This is truly a Lodge where the theme is "para servirle" (here to serve you). This is one place I want to return and bring family and friends. It's a treasure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay