We spent several days over the Christmas holidays at LaPaloma Lodge the past two years and absolutely loved it. The location is ideal for those wishing to experience the beauty of the rainforest and the abundant bird and wildlife. The staff at LaPaloma are all extremely friendly and accommodating. Jess, the onsite manager, makes it all look easy in her laid back friendly manner and she does a terrific job of arranging each guest’s tours, accommodations, food preferences as well as any other request to meet their individual needs. The food is fresh and delicious – we ate fresh fish every day, although other choices were offered as well. And it is fun to meet and get to know the other guests during meal times in the main lodge. We stayed in Rancho #7 during our last visit and #6 the year before. Both were lovely and have great views out over the bay. We had good views of toucans and a sloth right from our balcony. We took the Mangrove tour with Randall both times and it was a definite highlight. Randall has extensive knowledge of the wildlife, habitat and history of the area and you are guaranteed to see many species of wildlife and birds on this tour. We took the rainforest hike into Corcovado with Walter both years as well and had a great time. Walter shares our passion for birding and even took us on a tour around the LaPaloma grounds to find even more species of birds that we otherwise would have missed. We also enjoyed the snorkeling and scuba tours to Cano Island with Danny and Vincent as our guides. On our own, we enjoyed kayaking up and down the Agujitas river at high tide and walking the beach trail and the trail into town. LaPaloma is a top notch facility made even better by the friendliness and hard work of the staff and guides. Thank you LaPaloma! We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Tingo so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay