We just returned from our 10 day trip to Costa Rica. Charlotte K and Jennifer F. said exactly what I was going to stay. We really enjoyed our stay. It was much more basic that typical trips we have taken. Rooms were very well maintained with great beds and furniture. No hair dryers in the villa's, but I am sure they would have provided one upon request. Turns out my hair looks better when I spend less time on it! Trips were early, but beat the heat of the day and any crowds. Our first guide was Walter and he is relatively new to the lodge. He is very enthusiastic and took true joy in guiding us to Corcovada National Park. He was very professional and has a true passion for his job. It was a great trip and we were able to see lots of wildlife. He also took us snorkelling to Cano Island. This 2nd excursion was very successful as we spotted dolphins and were able to observe them at close range. Unfortunately, our children got sea sick from the rocking of the boat while we were stopped. We were able to do some snorkelling, but it became apparent that my daughter was still ill, Walter arranged to drop us off on Cano Island where she was able to recover while the other guests did more snorkelling. I really enjoyed sitting in the shade on Cano Island enjoying the scenery. The snorkelling was not great while we were there and we were told it was due to the high tides this time of year. The lodge did let people know this so that they could decide whether they wanted to go or not. Randall guided us on our Mangrove tour. He has a tremendous amount of experience and knowledge. I would have been lost in about 5 minutes if I had been on my own. He guided us around with ease and was able fill us with a wealth of information. We also went on the bug tour with Tracie and Jon. This tour was great. While I tend to run away screaming when I see a bug, they runs towards them. They are very calm, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about bugs. They are also passionate about them. This shows in their tour. In all, a great trip. I was glad to have brought Gravol with me as both my kids needed it. The boat rides were generally smooth, but on occasion it was a bit bumpy. We also found it helpful on the smaller planes we flew on which were a bit bumpy and a few of the less developed roads. Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo and Expedia so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay