We wanted our first trip to Costa Rica to be an authentic taste of the country and all that it has to offer. We didn't want to stay at one of the huge resorts near Guanacaste. A small lodge was in order and La Paloma has so many stellar reviews online that it was an easy choice. We stayed at the lodge for a whole week and loved the experience. The staff is friendly and enthusiastic and arranges everything for you, giving you a rundown of the next day's events/tours the night before. The villa was spacious, clean and offered beautiful views of the Pacific from both levels. The food was delicious and fresh at every seated meal and we especially enjoyed the beautiful candlelit dinners where we had a chance to meet many different guests from all over the world. We were even treated to an hour of Capuchin monkey antics at the pool one day. Those are photos we will treasure forever. If you want a truly Costa Rican experience nestled in the rainforest with monkeys, Macaws and Toucans around every corner--You must visit La Paloma Lodge!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay