While there is a small airport in Drake Bay, accessible from San Jose, we were picked up by boat in Sierpe. A smooth ride down the river, a wave dash at the bar at its mouth, a jaunt across Drake Bay and you're delivered at La Paloma's sheltered bay. You walk up the path to the lodge and it's lush grounds and there you are in paradise. Phenomenal views of the ocean from the Ranchos, wildlife everywhere, and a tasty Dirty Banana rum punch waiting for you at the bar, mixed by the man (!), Tebbs. He and the rest of the staff are all incredibly helpful and friendly, all the way from the owners to the grounds staff. In the rooms you can stare out of the airy windows in the shower at the rainforest around you as you wash off any grime from the day's adventures in preparation for your in-room massage before your amazingly fresh dinner. Not too bad, I'd say. My days there were one of the best travel experiences I've had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay