My husband & I just had a wonderful vacation, staying 5 nights at La Paloma Lodge, in Drake Bay, Costa Rica. All the staff was just wonderful. They offer small well organized tours of the rain forest, snorkeling & diving trips, and my favorite the river boat tour of the mangrove jungle. The food was just great, breakfast, lunch and dinner included in the price. Their rooms are fabulous and consisted of a beautiful balcony area that opened up to the ocean and the jungle--where you could see lots of animals right from there. We didn't need air conditioning as they situated their rooms for a cool ocean breeze. We stayed the extra 2 nights just to relax, although we could have taken more tours right from the lodge.. There are lots of things to do right at the lodge versus traveling all around Costa Rica to see other places. We would definitely recommend La Paloma Lodge for young adults to moderate and active senior citizens. Their sidewalks are a little narrow--so we wouldn't recommend for people who have problems with balance, bad hips or knees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay