Our 5 day stay at La Paloma was like a dream. We arrived home last night and are madly trying to figure out how to get back to La Paloma again. The lodge itself is ever so lovely surrounded by incredible views and vegetation and we slept every night listening to the waves of the Pacific and awoke in the morning to the sounds of the jungle coming to life. If the setting and wonderfully comfortable and well appointed bungalows aren't enough to lure you off the couch, then add a few toucans, the voices of howlers, hummingbirds, frigate birds, macaws and troops of adorable monkeys and the lodge is pretty much nirvanna to me. Only adding to the appeal, is an incredible staff, led by Nicole and Jamaica who attended to our every need with good humor and efficiancy and our wonderful guide, Sergio, who taught us so much in the time we were together and has the eyes of an eagle. Did I mention that the food was incredible? We have all had to special order new Spanx to recover from all that homemade bread and all the wonderful meals that arrived on the table each day.
Our excursions were great, led by Sergio. We saw boas and sloths and crocs in the mangrove, good fish at Cano and we went to Sirena in Corcovado and it is sure worth the extra trip as we came face to face with a Tapir, saw lots of monkeys and crocs, and an anteater, wonderful birds and bromeliads and fatastic fungus and vegetation beyond belief.
Every moment was great and I'll be daydreaming when I am at the water cooler tomorrow and the daydream will definitely take place at La Paloma. It's awesome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay