“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Drake Bay
Tampa, Florida
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a large party,three generation,ages from seventy to four. The accommodations were wonderful..A trip sceduled left on time. We had very informative guides. Tennis shoes and shorts were our attire for all of the walks. We scheduled something everyday and then came back to a wonderful dinner. The chef was top notch. My nine year old grandson said," This place is really nice. I know their names and they all know mine." One of the best vacations we have had. the staff was superb Five stars.We stayed six nights and had a wonderful time.
Paradise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike M, Owner at Copa de Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
The entire staff at Copa De Arbol strives to meet people's expectations. Vacation time is very valuable. Getting three generations together can't be an easy task. We are glad to hear that your experience was all that you hoped for. Thank you for choosing us and spreading the word.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

It doesn't get much better than Copa de Arbol in fact I have not been to a nicer and more impressive hotel in all of a Costa Rica. I am a travel agent here in Costa Rica and it is my job to visit the vacation hot spots and check out the hotels. I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights in this authentic yet luxurious property with my dad and we had the time of our life. For a place to really disconnect from your worries and connect with nature and wildlife this is the spot. I would say if you have one place to visit in Costa Rica and are a real nature lover then Copa de Arbol is for you. The service is top notch, my dad is a picky eater and we never heard the word no. The team is great and very attentive. Best place in Costa Rica, don't miss!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hey Robin, it was nice to have you and your dad visit. We are very honored to be considered the best place in Costa Rica by you , a travel agent specializing in Costa Rica. Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor and come back anytime. I think you might need a few more days here, don't you?
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter, son in law, grand son and I (82 years young) visited this resort for six days the last of June. The tree houses were unique, spotlessly clean and most of all air conditioned. The staff was intuitive of our needs, knowledgeable of the area wild life, friendly in every way going over backward to make our trip perfect, which they did.

The food was outstanding always presented with imagination -- always fresh with no preservatives. I especially remember the flavor of the tomatoes. Orlando greeted me every day with a welcoming arm and a big smile. One morning he put a flower in my ear making me feel very special. Evon was my hero. Ronnie and Henry completed the efficient food and bar specialists. My three went on some tours made special by Angel. I can’t say enough about Mike, the co-owner. He goes overboard with each and every guest arranging the tiniest details with great expertise. We truly want to thank all the staff for a never to be forgotten visit to Copa de Arbol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Having 3 generations of your family here together was a blast. You are quite a group of characters with some great stories to tell. Charlyne, you need to get back so we can enjoy a morning beer together and tell stories while everyone's on tour. We are very thankful for your visit and hope to see you all back soon.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had the most wonderful, perfect vacation ever at Copa de Arbol.Me & My Mom visited May 15th- May 21st, stayed for 6 nights, just now getting to review. It is the most amazing place, looks like everything built to perfection. It is truely a Paradise in the Rainforest.

THE RESORT - is wonderful, wouldn't change a thing. Stayed in cabin #7 it was great, but all the cabins looked equally nice. Paradise in the middle of the jungle, with a/c, plumbing, hot water, electricity. I mean you couldn't ask for any more comfort! They offer several tours, and on your own you can take the trail down by the beach in one direction all the way to town of Drake Bay (about an hour walk), the other direction to Rio Claro river (about an hour walk) or keep going on that trail as far as you want. They hotel will also give you a ride if you prefer to either of those places. We saw monkeys and birds on the trip to rio claro, not so much on trip to town, but it rained and it is wildlife so you never know what you might see.
They have a private trail up behind the main resort building, or you can just hang around up there in open area and see lots of wildlife. We saw more birds there on the property at the resort than at the park, seen other wildlife at the park. And, after a day of hiking in the heat you can just relax out by the pool.

THE TOURS - We had the same tour guide for all of our tours Mauricio, he was informative, knows all about the wildlife, area, the park. Was extremely happy with him after the first tour. Would have been disappointed if we hadn't had the opportunity to have more than one tour with him. We did both park tours, and the nite tour. Chose not to do the snokel tour, only because i get sea sick. We walked to the Rio Claro, were going to get the local guide who lives there to take up us to the waterfall, (even though the hotel did offer to give us a tour to that), i had read so many good reviews on the guide who lives there i wanted to give him a chance and some income. Unfortuately he wasn't there, so we didn't actually get to go up the river and to the waterfall, very disappointed, (should have went thru the resort) but, maybe next time and we did see wildlife and awesome views on the walk down there.

THE FOOD - amazing, at every meal, like from a gourmet restaurant. Breakfast you can order from menu, lunch is mostly a 3 course meal usually one option, dinner is a 3 course meal usually a couple of choices. Great Food. If you are going on a tour they pack a lunch for you to take with you. I have to say the best part of the restaurant is the staff. The service and care, provided by Orlando, Ronnie, Henry, Yvonne and all the behind the scenes staff is extrodinary. They were each there everyday. Orlando was there for every meal, every day. They work long hours, and extremely hard. They are so happy, friendly, and actually appear to really love being there to help you, which is a rare thing. I could not put into works how much this contributed to making this vacation perfect.

THE STAFF - Well I have already talked about restaurant staff, and Mauricio Tour guide. Now Angel & Johnny work very hard to make sure everything is handeled and taken care of, anything you need/want, tour preparations...basically everything. The maids clean room everyday, extremely well. You mostly never see them they just kinda appear and dissappear. I also know there are lots of behind the scenes staff who do a very good job and work hard. The staff here is more like happy family. They do so much to insure you have a great vacation. The owner Mike is there everyday around the property. He talks to every guest. We talked to him everyday. He showed us the trails, told us about building the resort, to ok us to restaurant in evening to see the troop of monkeys invading dining room. You can tell this was really his dream and he loves it. His main concern is that you have a awesome vacation. He talks to you more like you are friends, and enjoys talking with his guest, not just as a job. I am sure i have forgotten something, there were so many wonderful things, it just isn't possible to list them all. I had a absolute perfect trip. Hope to go back next year. Thank you Mike and the entire staff. You have a wonderful paradise treasure here.

Room Tip: All cabins are great, each one has a unique feature.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
When it comes to the Osa Peninsula, I am biased. I think it's the most beautiful place on earth and I have never grown tired of being here after 20 years. I just feel so healthy and alive surrounded by all this wilderness and truly want to share the feeling it gives me with others. Thank you so much for your very informative review and photos. It's great to know you got the feeling that you have to be here to understand.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just spent five nights at Copa de Arbol and it was by far the highlight of this and our previous trip to Costa Rica. The surroundings are profoundly beautiful but what makes this stay so perfect is the incredible personal attention to every detail that will make your time with them everything you want it to be. From the delicious food provided by Miguel, the trips to the national park and night walks organized by Angel, the elegant accommodations and amenities overseen by Johnny and the attention of the staff at the restaurant, making specialized smoothies and snacks on a open veranda with spectacular views of the bay, all adding up to an extraordinary time. Mike the owner is around and approachable for advice about your plans while there and ensures a seamless and safe transfer for all your activities. By the time you leave you are on on a first name basis with almost everyone and you will hate to leave.
We recommend this location for your stay with the highest level of enthusiasm and cant wait ourselves for a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Copa De Arbol seems to be like a magnet drawing in a very diverse, informed, and interesting crowd from around the world who share a common love for wild raw nature. It is a true pleasure to share this area with enthusiastic guests like yourselves. Costa Rica has many wonderful places to visit and we are very honored to be considered the best on your trip.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a 7day vacation at Copa de Arbol. I have to start with Thanking everyone for make it such an amazing vacation. Orlando,Henry and Ronnie were awesome during our dining time. Johnny,Angel and Mike(the owner) were great in making sure everything was going well with our visit. Maurico our National Park and snorkling guide took his time in making sure we all got the information and saw all the animals (he is great). Manuel the chef is just creative and can make the best fresh food we have eaten. Our boat guys and other staff members were there to assist in anything you need too. The resort is just amazing and the views are breathe taking no matter where you are on the resort. We did see alot of different species;monkeys,toucans,macaws,puma,snakes,shark,crabs,crocodiles,spiders,turtles,dolphins, boars and lizards. The holler monkeys were our 5:30am alarm clock every morning jumping from one cabana to the next and during breakfast the spider monkeys would come and steal anything not bolted down(kitchen staff calls the bad neighbors). We loved the intimate way the resort is ran you can visit with the other guest and not have alot of craziness around. We would go back in heartbeat. Copa de Arbol is a place to really sit back relax and breathe. Thank you all for making our stay wonderful,adventurous,relaxing and incredible.

Room Tip: The Balsam #9 has the best view for the beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Being fortunate enough to live out here full time I get to see lots of wildlife. The week you guys were here was incredible even by Osa standards, to see a Puma is a very rare treat. We truly appreciate you choosing Copa De Arbol as the place to enjoy your irreplaceable free time. Thank you from all of us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Copa de Arbol for 8 days and had an absolute blast! The staff is amazing and will do anything for their customers. They really make you feel like family. The owner is laid back and down to earth, but has had the vision to make this place a paradise and wants each person to feel special on their trip. The food was excellent and the service was great, we would not have wished for anything else. The rooms were beautiful and always felt secluded. All of the adventures were well planned and the guides were great! Definitely do the "Night Hike". The only thing I wished they had, was a fitness center, but that could be just me! I would like to thank Mike, Henry, Angel, Mario and everyone else there who made our Honeymoon unforgettable. Thank you so much for an amazing adventure!

Room Tip: Cabins are quiet, we stayed in #10, good for us, but couples may want a bit more secluded area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike M, Owner at Copa de Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hi Eleni,

With a maximum capacity of 24 guests and a 30 person staff we are able to provide genuine, personalized service. People come as guests and leave as friends, as part of the Copa De Arbol family. Everyone that visits Copa De Arbol are truly special to us, and it is important that all who visit understand that it is they who make Copa De Arbol and the conservation of the Osa Peninsula possible. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Been to Copa de Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort? Share your experiences!