My family and I traveled to copa de Arbol over spring break. Daughter 10 and son 8. This place is wonderful but know where you are staying and what to expect.
1. Getting here take a bit of time but well worth the travel time, an experience which is fantastic.
2. If you don't like the water don't come, you need to take a boat to get here and to get to many of the activities, we loved this aspect.
3. If you love nature and the outdoors, this is the place. Birds, monkeys, snakes and much more in and around this killer resort.
4. The accommodations are Nice and simple but extremely well done. Room aren't huge but big enough for a family of 4, comfortable and very clean.
5. Food is great and plentiful. We had fish, meat, poultry, baked goods and much more. All was great and truly in incredible considering all comes in by boat, everything. Be understanding that sometimes they run out of things. The bar is great and the dining area is beautiful, clean and comfortable. All covered areas are shoe free, be prepared to walk around barefoot regularly, this keeps all in door areas clean as the paths are all gravel. Just bring sandals to take on and off, real simple. There is also a full bar with premium liquors. Breakfast and lunch are great as well. We often had lunch poolside.
6. Activities are plentiful with tons to do and no lack of adventure and exploration. For our kids allowed them to explore once they knew what to look for and watch out for...snakes and scorpions are prevalent but not to worry about, we never saw a scorpion and saw a beautiful bird snake and watched it for about 30 minutes, very cool. We also did horseback riding, fishing and the park tour, and the rio claro waterfall trip, all great. If you have to choose one do the park, worth the trip, plentiful with wildlife. Rio claro is great too, be prepared to climb but fantastic.
7. The beach is nice and safe, no real big waves and some rocks. Ok for kids and the water is great. There are paths that parallel the beach for miles in either direction, easy to,walk and explore.
8. Staff, nothing but excellent, some of the best hotels in the world could learn from the Costa Rican people and their hospitality.
Overall a great trip, we will go back, you can be on the go or chill and when I say chill, really chill, very quiet and relaxing with the opportunity to do as much or as little as you want. This place was a real find and glad I found it. The owners are on sight and oversee everything. Great guys who made a vision come true.
Mike and jay thanks for making your dreams reality as you made our family vacation one of the best we've had. Well see you again for sure.
All are great! We had coco 1, closest to the beach.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
I wish there was a website called guestadvisor.com so that I had a place to express my gratitude to all of the wonderful, interesting people we have had the pleasure of meeting here at Copa De Arbol. Having families visit with children is one of the things I looked forward to during the decade that it took to complete construction. Nothing can compare to seeing the Osa through the eyes of an enthusiastic child. I will never forget that afternoon when both of your families were on the beach. The kids were going crazy watching the monkeys run around and jump through the trees while whales breached in the distance. It was one of those magic moments that happen here on the Osa Peninsula and build lifetime memories for us and the people who come to visit. Hope to see you again soon!!!
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.