The four of us spent a week here, and had a completely wonderful time. Mike and Jay spent the last decade building this place with their friends, and it's not been open long, but runs very well. They have eight small, airy cabins and a central building that's primarily a front desk/open air lobby downstairs and a beautiful open air restaurant upstairs. All meals are here, and there isn't much choice, but everything we ate was either very good or really delicious - a lot of just-caught fish and fresh fruit. Plus freshly-baked breads and cookies. It's very much in the middle of nowhere, I can't say enough about the people - extremely friendly and helpful, with a vibe more like you're staying with some cousins you don't know well, rather than strangers. The cabins are maybe fifty yards up a slight hill from a magnificent cove with great swimming. Even though it hasn't been open long, it seems very well run and there were few glitches.
The area is spectacular, with monkeys and parrots and various other animals sharing the grounds with you. Four very minor suggestions/things to watch out for
- You're not supposed to wear shoes inside anywhere. I'd like to have benches or chairs by the restaurant entrance and maybe some other places, so people can put on or take off their shoes.
- Internet was slow and intermittent. Not their fault, but frustrating anyway.
- It'd be nice to have a small store, or at least a few shelves, where they could sell toiletries, maybe extra teeshirts or something. They were great about going into town to pick up stuff we'd forgotten, but a little store would be better.
- This place is a bit expensive. First trip to Costa Rica, so I don't know how it compares, but still, it felt like I couldn't recommend it to friends unless they're pretty well off.
- Also Known As:
- Copa De Arbol Beach And Rainforest Resort Costa Rica/Drake Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copa De Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort is an intimate, remote eco-conscious beachfront Drake Bay resort set among 70 acres of pristine rainforest reserve. Located in Southern Pacific Costa Rica on the Osa Peninsula, perfectly situated between Drake Bay and the Corcovado National Park ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Copa de Arbol Beach and Rainforest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.