“Simply marvelous! A little slice of heaven in paradise! Look no further!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casita Corcovado

You added Casita Corcovado to your Saves list
Casita Corcovado
Across from Parque Jaguares, Drake Bay, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Drake Bay B&B and Inns
Marina Del Rey, CA
“Simply marvelous! A little slice of heaven in paradise! Look no further!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

I can't emphasize enough what a wonderful time I had last week at Casita Corcovado! Jamie and Craig are wonderful hosts and go out of their way to make sure that all of your needs are taken care of. The house is located on a bluff overlooking the ocean. I had an ocean view room with a nice double bed. The rooms are immaculate and come with air conditioning and a fan. I never used the A/C and preferred to sleep with the windows open and the fan on. The shared tiled bathroom is also immaculate and has a huge stall shower with hot water on demand. Very nice! I looked forward every morning to having a freshly cooked hot breakfast at dawn when all the wildlife is coming alive. Jamie makes the fluffiest omelets ever! There was always fresh fruit, juice, and a pot of coffee as well. The house is located a short distance from the little village which has a small grocery store and a couple of restaurants. Upon arrival I went to the grocery store to stock up on supplies to make sandwiches for lunch throughout the course of my stay. There is a mini-fridge back at the house for the guests to use. An ice cold coke sure tasted good after a long day hiking the trails to the miles and miles of gorgeous deserted beaches. Drake Bay and the Osa Peninsula is a very special place and should be savored. Slow things down and take the time to really appreciate being surrounded by such natural beauty. I opted not to take all the tours offered and instead decided to discover things on my own. It was certainly the right decision for me. I looked forward every day to the hikes along the jungle trail to the beaches. I loved the capuchin monkeys I would see along the way. Jamie also gave me directions to a hidden waterfall which was a nice hike from the house. At night I usually went to the open air restaurant Jade Mar. I would sit at the bar and order cocktails and dinner at very reasonable prices. Taylor is a great bartender and makes a drink called the Strained Strawberry which is essentially a strawberry pina colada. Excellent! I always ordered fish (pescado) which was very delicious. There would be reggae playing on the sound system and an overall very relaxed, chill vibe. After dinner i always went back to the house to turn in early. It was very relaxing. On my last night there Jamie arranged for me to have a relaxing massage on the back patio. It was perfect!

One of the main reasons I came to Drake Bay was to go diving at Isla de Cano just off the coast. I'm a scuba diving instructor in California and i highly recommend diving with a local Padi instructor named Sandra. She is an amazing diver and will make your experience memorable. We came across a 3-4 m hammerhead cruising right past us at the Devil's Pinnacle site. Very special! Jamie and Craig know how to get in touch with Sandra to arrange diving. I highly recommend her!

The bottom line is that I've traveled all over the world and I wouldn't hesitate for a second to return to Casita Corcovado and Bahia Drake. I can't wait to return!

Pura Vida!

Greg

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

This was the favourite part of our travels in Costa Rica. Craig and Jamie's 'Casita Corcovado' had a big part of this. Not knowing what to expect, before our arrival, we were blown away by their warmth, knowledge and hospitality.

Our room was bright and clean, and the air-con was a great escape from the humid ocean air. Craig and Jamie know where all the good spots are in the little town, and will even book day trips / transportation; this is a plus if your Spanish is less than advanced!

In sum - Craig and Jamie are very personable and have a great spot down in Drake Bay. Three days was hardly enough - too bad we couldn't stay longer. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

J and C

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Being hosted by Jamie and Gregorio has been a real pleasure. their honest attitude recomending the best options and prices, their warm care and their ability to appear when needed and disapear when you need to relax and hear the birds alone in your hammock made of those days a gift for me. Highly advisable for sure, specially now that Gregorio has a new boat!!

Carlos Huguet
Madrid
Spain

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

we had a great time staying with Gregorio and Jamie. they helped us with a broken down car, breakfast at 4am and dining reccomendations!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

A friendly, community-oriented American couple rent out three rooms in their ideally located home at Drake Bay. They know what to see and do and make you feel like at home. They offer clean air-conditioned rooms at a reasonable price compared to the large adventure resorts there. Drake Bay was my favorite place in Costa Rica and Casita Corcovado my favorite lodging.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Last April we visited Craig and Jamie during our three weeks on holliday in Costa Rica. Initially we were tipped to go to Jinetes de Osa which is a hotel and dive center nearby.
Because Jinetes was full at the time, the manager arranged a stay with Casitas Corcovado for us, this proved to be a very nice experience.

When we arrived by boat from Sierpe, Craig was already waiting for us at the beach with his landrover to pick us (and our luggage) up. That evening we had dinner in town (don't know if you cal call it a town since it is so small). The next day we had booked a hike in the Corcovado National Park. Because we needed to leave early Craig and Jamie also got up early to make us a lovely breakfast which we really enjoyed. Coming back in the afternoon we were offered to join them for dinner (10 dollars p.p.). That evening we had a wonderful dinner, Craig prepared a mahi mahi fish that he had cought himself the week before. The taste was great and it was obvious they had some experience in preparing dinners :-)

The next day we joined them for dinner again because we had such a good experience.

Also, since Craig and Jamie are very interested in their guests it is very easy to pick up a nice conversation with them during dinner or when lounging in the nice hammocks they have.

I can remember myself writing in their guestbook that it is a place to come home to when you are on holliday, and this is exactly how it felt.

Next time I go to Costa Rica, I will certainly try to visit them again.

Marcel & Daan

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

This Bed and Breakfast came highly recommended by the staff at another hotel I was staying. I was travelling alone during this part of my 6 weeks in Central America, so a staff recommendation was very important to me. When it was time to transfer, the desk called the B&B and Craig (or Gregorio as he is known by the locals) came to meet and drive me to my next stop. Here, I met the other half of Casita Corcovado, Jamie. Jamie was very warm and inviting, and she answered all my questions while giving me a little more background on the area. Dinner at the b&b was an option I chose as both Craig and Jamie are trained in the culinary arts. I had a wonderful meal complete with wine with the other guests. The following day I was invited to lounge on one of several hammocks while waiting for the next part of my trip. The home was spacious and clean and air conditioning was available to those who wanted it. I chose to pass on the white noise of the aircon so I could take in sounds of the birds and ocean. Drake Bay is surrounded my national parklands, so there was very little development, and all the folks in the area knew each other which guarantees a safe experience. There are several bars and restaurants in there, as well as an internet cafe, and a convenience store with staples items. I went for the diving, but fell in love with the natural beauty of the area. I would return in a heartbeat, and encourage others to take advantage of Casita Corcovado's hospitality and its' natural beauty. Thanks, Jamie and Craig, for the wonderful memories.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo

Been to Casita Corcovado? Share your experiences!