“Your home in the paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casita Corcovado

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake Bay
Save Saved
You added Casita Corcovado to your Saves list
Across from Parque Jaguares, Drake Bay, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Drake Bay B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Your home in the paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

What a lovely B&B! I felt home :)
Jamie and Craig are very nice, friendly and they can give you all the helpful tips that you need.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the patio is beautiful! You can relax on one of their hammocks. Excellent breakfast.
Highly recommended.

While you stay at Casita Corcovado:
In the morning: look for the red macaw
In the afternoon: pick one flower from the Ylang Ylang tree

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for writing a review for your stay here at Casita Corcovado. It was wonderful meeting you and getting to know a little bit about you. Glad you made it home safely. Have a wonderful holiday season, and stay warm! Hope you come back to visit us again soon. Pura Vida, Jamie & Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lausanne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay at their place as the house was already booked.
But we did all our trip with them which were amazing ! Our Corcovado guide was really nice and friendly, he knows a lot about the park and animals. We weren't stressed at all to do the tour.
For our second trip, we went with Craig on the "mixto" tour. First we did a bit of fishing and catched 2 huge fisch ! then, we went snorkeling, unfortunatley, it wasn't the best day to see fish but you cannot decide this. My mother was afraid to go in deep wather so, Craig went with her and finally she really enjoyed her time ! We ended our trip on a beach, he showed us some local strange fruits. During the 2 trips, food provided by Jamie was really good and in good quantity.

If we have the chance to go back to Corcovado, we'll definitly stay at his place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your time in the Drake Bay area.

We had a great time meeting you and showing you a bit of our lovely paradise here in the jungle. Next time I hope we will have room availability for you all to share some fun conversations around the patio.

Pura vida,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I don't think I can express enough how excellent a place to stay this is.

I was travelling alone and was a bit nervous about finding the place (this was silly as Drake Bay is tiny) but Jamie met me from the bus and took me back to the B&B. She then took me on a tour of the town and helped me to confirm scuba diving which I had already booked.

Jamie and Craig bent over backwards to make my stay in Drake Bay enjoyable. They are welcoming hosts, full of local knowledge and suggestions of excursions and trips to help you make the most of your stay. The breakfast is also excellent!

I would recommend the Casita Corcovado to anyone and everyone.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. It was quite a pleasure to have you in the Casita. We love it here, and love sharing it with others. Let's stay in touch!
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Besides a wonderful location, very clean and comfortable rooms and good breakfasts this place is all about hosts.

There are only one Jamie and Craig in the world and we were lucky enough to find them. They are extremely nice, most considerate and service minded hosts I've met. We've spent a whole week with them and still can't understand where all the time disappeared.

The atmosphere in the house is very relaxed at the same time as everything gets done nearly before you think of it. The tours you want to take get arranged by themselves no matter which guide or agency you choose, the taxies order themselves, the breakfast gets ready just when you wish it would be there and your kid gets to feel special being shown the iguanas, secret gardens, exotic plants or fruits, miraculously getting his favorite juice in the morning or catching a wahoo "all by himself".

The couple knows just about everything and everyone in the village and they share their knowledge with you willingly. If you do choose to stay there, ask all the questions you need and listen to their advice no matter if comes to restaurants, tours or clothes you need to wear. It worked really well for us.

Jamie and Craig love what they do and the country they live in, which is really easy to observe in just about every moove they do. It did feel like we were visiting relatives or friends, who happen to live on another continent. Very safe and good feeling, especially if you are travelling alone with a kid.

NB: If you are concerned about your privacy, it's no problem at all. These hosts have a tendency to appear and disappear according to your unspoken wishes and other guests are just a nice company in the evenings if you wish for it. :)

Location and accomodations were all perfect for us, just like other reviews describe it.

I recommend you to choose Casita Corcovado from the bottom of my heart! :)

Tours
The bug tour, fishing/ whales with Craig and very early morning Corcovado are the must see tours in Drake Bay in our opinion. Canopy tour is also a lot of fun if you have more time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Awww! Thank you so much for the great review. As i told you on your way out, I have found a new sister.

Thanks for your time here. You and your son were wonderful to have in the house. We enjoyed every minute, except for the minute you were leaving....

Please, let's keep in touch. And...Norway is on our list.

We WILL meet again.

Jamie y Gregorio

Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family of five spent a week at Casita Corcovado, and it was a wonderful experience for us. We rented out the whole house, and it was an economical option for us because we were able to prepare our meals in the kitchen whenever we wanted to eat in rather than going to a restaurant. The location is wonderful. Just minutes to walk to the beach, and just minutes to stroll into the very sweet town of Agujitas. Jamie gave us a walk through the village when we arrived, and gave us great advice about where to buy groceries and which restaurants had the best prices and services. Jamie and Craig also set up some really memorable tours for us. We adored the horseback riding with Senor Juan and his fantastic horses. We were amazed by the night tour with Buglady Tracy. And we thrilled to the snorkeling trip to Isla de Cano (seeing humbacks breaching a few hundred yards away while we're in the water!). I look forward to returning to Drake's Bay and Casita Corcovado in a few years.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for writing about your experience in Drake Bay.

What a wonderful family you have! We had a fun time hosting you. Your daughters made a beautiful cake, and then painting the driftwood....life was good.

I will send you the pictures shortly of some of the events.

Please come back and visit in the near future. But....in between, let's stay in touch.

Jamie
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our stay with Jamie and Craig was wonderful ! We got a warm welcome down at the Beach as we arrived by Boat ! After settling into our cozy room, Jamie gave us a tour through the village and took care of us all through our 4 night stay. She booked tours for us and the Breakfast was delicious, no matter when you got up :) I loved the Hammocks, we stayed at a few places in Costa Rica and not every place has Hammocks, which should almost be a must ! The House was always clean and well looked after and Jamies and Craigs Company very enjoyable and fun! Craig did show me how to make Patacones and I will never forget it, it`s my favorite dish now and I make it whenever we have plantaines here in Canada.
It`s not the most luxurious place, but you are in a third world country, not Europe, so be prepared if you plan on traveling anywhere in Costa Rica. It was our last place we stayed in before leaving Costa Rica and we were sad not be able to stay longer ! I am planning on returning one day to Casita Corcovado and have not regret a moment there !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Hi. Sorry for being late on my response.

Patacones, great, right? We had so much fun showing you the way to live the "tico" style.

Thank you for your review. We loved having you at the Casita, and PLEASE, do come back and visit.

Stay in touch.

Jamie y Gregorio
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

My wife & I recently spent 4 nights at the Casita Corcovado and had a wonderful experience. As has been mentioned in many other posts, Craig & Jaime are outstanding hosts. It was as if I was staying with extended family members living as expats in Drake Bay (which is a more remote part of Costa Rica relative to other places we visited/saw). My breakdown:

LODGING
The cottage is a simple & very clean (I know for a fact that keeping a place clean in this environment & humidity is a challenge!). The cottage is small (3 bedrooms) but I do think that it lends a more personal feel to the interaction & service that you get from Jaime & Craig. The A/C in the rooms is VERY nice to have and we’d typically only need to run it during the night while we slept. The yard is beautiful; great for hanging out before dinner and listening to the birds come back to roost for the evening. The location is outstanding, within short walking distance to the main part of town and just up the hill from the water/beach. Sharing a bathroom was a bit of a concern for us but there were never any issues or challenges with this arrangement at all.

AMENETIES
Breakfast was very good. All the days we were there, Jaime prepped a variety of fruit, eggs, juice, etc. based on what was fresh. Craig & Jaime’s history in the catering business shined through! Fresh towels were provided every day (folded into various shapes with flowers on the bed). Potable water available all the time via a large water dispenser and a small refrigerator to keep beer and food if you decide to get them at the market in town. Extra little things that I NEED to mention are the frozen bottles of water Jaime provided to us when we went for a long hike/walk; large band-aids from a large scrape I got while exploring the rocks (I can be a little too adventurous for my own good sometimes); and freezer-chilled beer mugs for my Imperial Silver in the evenings.

TOURS/KNOWLEDGE
Jaime & Craig have done an outstanding job, as expats, in incorporating and involving themselves into the small town of Drake Bay. It’s for this reason that I feel that Casita Corcovado surpasses other choices in the area. Their interaction & knowledge of people in the town has resulted in them having a wealth of knowledge about the best tours, restaurants, happenings, etc. which makes it feel as if you’ve got someone looking out for you in whatever you decide to do for an activity. Jaime & Craig are gracious hosts and, as others have mentioned in previous posts, it was great sitting around in the evening to share the day’s stories/experiences and general thoughts (no pressure, I think if we didn’t feel like talking, we could just sit and lounge).

In summary, while there are many other places to choose while in Drake Bay, I’d highly recommend Casita Corcovado. We did see some of the “fancier”, more expensive places but be forewarned that many were outside of town and not in convenient locations if you want to experience the local Tico life in the town of Drake Bay. Given the small size of Casita Corcovado, I did feel that we got more personal service that had much more of a “family feel”.

You probably don’t have family in Drake Bay but with hosts like Craig & Jaime, you’ll sure feel like you do.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
casitacorcovado, Owner at Casita Corcovado, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Hi you two! Thanks for taking time out to post a review. We really appreciate it.

What a breath of fresh air you two are. We had so much fun with you, sharing in our little bit of paradise.

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Please DO keep in touch. We miss you already!!

Jamie y Craig

Been to Casita Corcovado? Share your experiences!