“What a unique place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Finca Maresia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drake Bay
Finca Maresia
You added Finca Maresia to your Saves list
Camino a los Planes, Drake Bay, Costa Rica   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 13 Drake Bay B&B and Inns
Shanghai, China
“What a unique place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really enjoy the time we stay with Finca Maresia, it was a very unique experience for me. The place is surrounded by the natural rain forrest and the house is comfortable and very well designed. You will falling sleep in the sounds of frog and wake up by the singing of birds.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The stay at finca was one of the highlights of our trip. A lot of thought was put into building this place. Juan is a wonderful person to know and he was so nice and helpful with our trips and every question or need we had. Every evening there is dinner for all the guests at 18:00 sharp on a long table. Everyone is talking and exchanging experiences of their day. How lovely is that! And the food was amazing! We highly recommend staying at Finca Maresia!! Wish we could be back soon :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Finca Maresia is unlike anywhere else I've stayed in Costa Rica. The location, buildings, bathrooms and everything are all considered down to the smallest detail. It feels like you are in a luxury hotel, but for a small fraction of the cost. On top of that, Juan is an amazing host. He was incredibly helpful and friendly, and was able to arrange everything I needed. He also knows about a few tours that are not available at other hotels - the forest tour in Tesoro verde reserve is one I won't forget, and I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for Juan. The food at Finca Maresia is some of the best I've had traveling, and they were very accommodating for vegetarians. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed in Finca Maresia for four days in June and are the first group of Chinese guest there :)

The experience is very unique as the bungalows are right at the edge of rainforest. The bugs seemed to be a concern at first but it turned out to be fine (thanks to the frogs I guess). The room is very clean, cozy and very well designed. Everything comes in handy when you need it. But the favorite part for me was the chance to meet new friends from all over the world as all the guests have dinner on the same table.

Last but not least, Juan, who runs the place, is very considerate and helpful. He helped us a lot organizing the local trips and logistics. The dinners he prepared for guests are also awesome!

Definitely recommend Finca Maresia if you're looking for a B&B in Drake Bay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

What's not to love about this place! Beautiful rooms, surrounded by amazing forest, wildlife... Lay on the hammock and enjoy nature, and then have a cold beer while you wait for a great dinner prepared by Juan...yummy! Juan will help making the stay and any additional activity smooth, essy, perfect! Juan, you rock!

Room Tip: Superior rooms are just fantastic, definitely go for it if you can! That shower on the open, looking...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

First of all, Juan who runs the hotel is amazing at what he does and goes out of his way to make you happy. He made sure all the tours were set for the following day and helps plan the transportation for getting there! (which is sometimes just him driving you himself!) Oh and if you decide to stay at the hotel for dinner, Juan cooks a 4 course meal every night of salad, soup, entree, and dessert which was so delicious! It's fun because dinner is served around a large table where we met people from literally all over the world. The hotel itself is surrounded by forest and is beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable and were just perfect for us. I highly recommend staying here and can't wait to be back!!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

At the end of April I stayed, for 4 nights, in one of the basic rooms. Although I enjoy my stay, I would recommend staying in a standard or superior room. My issue with the standard room is that there is no outdoor seating, in front of your room. Also remember to take plenty of cash as there is not a ATM in the tiny ocean side town of Drake Bay. I had enough cash on hand to pay for my accommodations, but I did not realize that I would not be able to use a credit card for tours arranged by Juan of the Finca Maresia. This caused a uncomfortable feeling between me and Juan during my entire stay. My stay would have been better without that tension.

You can walk to town in 20 minutes if you are in fair shape.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Finca Maresia? Share your experiences!