The hotel is in the middle of a lush tropical forest, and in theory you need a 4x4 to get there. We drove our small car for those 2.5 km and had no problem whatsoever. The place is beautiful, the breakfast you are given is plentiful and really good, it's easy to see the stars at night, you relax to the max. What would make this hotel a perfect stay:
- we were scared of going up and down that hill after dark for fear of going down a cliff. any chance to get some solar-powered lamps to help your guests at night?
- better mattresses. ours was too soft and springy. but one gets so tired from sunbathing that one falls asleep quite easily, though.
- there are DVDs for you to watch, but the quality and variety could be better. I know, who watches DVDs at the beach? Some of us do, really.
Birgit, the owner, saved us by making us dinner the first night way after the deadline of 3pm, we really appreciated that!!!
Now, if someone important from Fiat is reading this: we went up a road definitely suited for a 4x4 on a Fiat Palio 2003. If you work at Fiat and can state in writing that if I buy a Punto Evo 2013 it will last me 10 years or more and I will be able to go uphill on a similar road, I will buy a new Fiat right away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Ambiente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Ambiente Costa Rica/Dominical