“Waterfall Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas
You added Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas to your Saves list
3 miles NE of Dominical | calle principal direction San Isidro, Dominical 99999, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Dominical B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vallejo, California
“Waterfall Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We decided to have our destination wedding at Waterfall Villas site unseen. We were a bit nervous about this, but Fateh's calm and professional manner throughout the planning process reassured us. In the end, the wedding was even better than we could have imagined. We, as well as 10 of our guests, stayed at the Waterfall Villas for five days. The breakfasts were delicious each day, the ceremony by Raven was perfect, and the salsa band was fantastic! In addition to various vegan dishes, we opted for fresh yellowfin tuna at the wedding dinner. Everything was delicious beyond words! We loved yoga sessions with Fateh and the whitewater rafting trip we planned for the day after the wedding. We really just can't say enough good things about our experience. We look forward to returning for an anniversary. Many thanks to Fateh, Franco, and all their staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my yoga detox experience at Waterfall Villas. I highly recommend it for someone looking to reset poor eating habits. I opted for the daily yoga and enjoyed every moment. The staff was very accommodating and polite. Just remember that you will be completely unplugged at this facility...which should be the point!

Room Tip: I was able to peek into my friend's room and it was of the same good quality. Each room is uniq...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I rarely use the term exceptional but this is the only term that I can find to justify my stay here. I came here as a single traveler looking for some solace from a difficult time in my life after the Christmas holidays. I set out to come to Costa Rica and enjoy the weather, nice quiet accommodations, yoga and a little meditation to get my head back in the right place. What I got in return was so very far from my simple expectations. It was life changing. This is best way for me to express it.
Upon arrival I was greeted by a very proper and extreamly professional gentleman by the name of Franco. One of the owners of Waterfalls Villas who had my room available and ready serviced for my early arrival. The accomidations were very well done and the property was picturesque. My room was adorned with a true Balinese flair and excellent in design. I was offered a welcome drink and directions around the 15 acres of the delightful jungle atmosphere. Beautiful sounds of the river, fragrant odors of different tropical plants and just the perfect temperature coming from a cold climate in NC USA. A little later on, I was scheduled to meet with my one on one yogini teacher to talk about the private program that I had arranged for my nine day stay. 3pm came and I got my first introduction to meet Fateh, the other owner of Waterfall Villas and my facilitator for yoga and meditation. We spoke and I shared what I was in search of in my life presently, where I had come from, and where I was hoping to go. Unbeknown to me where I was going to go would be such a significant life changing turning point. I mean this on so many levels, health, life and spiritual.
The daily plan was to begin yoga In the morning at 8am, an hour of meditation and discussion, breakfast, quiet time/my time before lunch, massage in the afternoon, followed by dinner. The meals were set up for me to be eating vegan or vegetarian, with some detoxifying and green drinks to clear the mind and body.
But being the first day there with no schedule, I had time to go down to the small beach town of Dominical and explore a little. A great little place with markets for most of your general needs, a great beach and great coffee.
Starting into my program the next morning at 8 am I was met by Fateh at the yoga platform with an introduction to Kundalini yoga. A different yoga than I was ever aware of and after many days of practice came to become a beautiful, sacred and fulfilling morning ritual. Fateh's gentle and extremely patent manner was immediately present. For at the beginning I was not that good at yoga, but through my own persistence I am becoming much better. She would always take her time to help me understand the mantras, mutras and sutras, to explain any questions that I may have had, and encourage me during the session. We would then sit and have a discussion on whatever was on my mind that morning and throw around ideas on how it may or may not relate in my daily life for better or worse.
Let me try to describe Fateh. Wow, Fateh is truly an extraordinary human being. Extremely intelligent in world spirituality, disciplined in her study of yoga, very well traveled, and an superb artisan in culinary creations. As well as so many other things such as worldly knowledge, style, artistry (painting, jewelry, stained glass and the list goes on...) and grace. She shares this openly to all without any ego. A true teacher. Rarely will you meet someone of this caliber during your life. It was an honor to have her share her time with me.
After our discussions were would head to the eating area for breakfast, talk a little more and then head our own ways for the day. I would have free time to read, run to town or whatever and then catch an activity in the afternoon.
Most days I had scheduled a massage with the master masseuse Roquel. Roquel is a PT by trade and does massage at Waterfall Villas. A local Mayan woman by background she is also continuing her studies in business at the University in San Isidro. Due to a surgery a few years ago I commonly have massage back home in the states and had no real expectations. But I got a lot more than I bargained for, exceptional massage and the utmost in professionalism. Using her knowledge of physical therapy and massage she can adjust and rectify about anything that you ask her to take care of.
Another activity that I indulged, was a meeting with a local Shamin practitioner by the name of Sabine for a soul retrieval. Sabine can cross over in the spiritual world and retrieve things that may have been lost in our lifetime and return them to you. Yes I was a little skeptical but attended the meeting with an open heart and a willingness to accept possible change. The result I must say was profound and really unbelievable. Certain physical issues I had attended our meeting with were immediately dismissed and were awarded with a new sense of fulfillment. Days to follow we're unconchenable, with wild vivid dreams, pre visions and profound realizations. Truely unlike anything I have ever experienced to this day. I cannot say this will happen to everyone but this is just a true account of what happened to me.
The rest of my stay was as well extremely rewarding in so many facets, everything began to just fall into place day after day after day.
The meals, oh my, the meals were always prepared upon arrival to the table fresh daily, with vegan creations (I cannot explain on how delicious) but I can only hope to come close to duplicating. I was not a vegan when I arrived nor a vegetarian but upon my dismissal there are no other foods or diet I will return to.
I must also mention my new amigo Donald the brother of owner Franco. His services are impeccable. If there is anything you need he will do whatever is necessary to try and make it happen. The whole staff are just as great, polite, curious and professional. Please understand this is not a place for a party, but a place of rest. Totally cut off form tv, internet, and daily agenda. If you are lucky enough to get the chance to stay here please enjoy your stay. Five stars are not nearly enough to rate this but it is the best trip advisor has to offer. So again I say THANK YOU to all at Waterfall Villas I appreciate you, respect all of you and I love you. Craig

Room Tip: Any room will work, all are beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent a week at Waterfall Villas in mid-December, which was our first experience in Costa Rica. We arrived late in the evening in torrential rain (the only terrible weather of our week) to find that they'd kept our dinner waiting for us. The dinner proved to be the first of many delicious meals we had from the Waterfall Villas kitchen, and the courtesy of keeping it for us was only the first of many gracious things the owners and staff did for us during our stay.

Waterfall Villas is lovely and intimate, and has been thoughtfully designed to complement the unique natural beauty of its location. The small hotel (5 or 6 rooms?) is of Balinese style and is nestled in a lush and quiet bit of rainforest that serves as a habitat for -- among other things -- fantastically large and beautiful bright blue butterflies.

Franco and Fateh were exceedingly thoughtful hosts, providing guidance and help whenever we requested. They arranged drivers for us when we needed them, got us a rental car once we were comfortable driving ourselves, recommended destinations for outings and day trips, and (as part of our package) sent us to zipline at Hacienda Baru, which was one of the highlights of the trip.

Meals were delicious and filling, vegan cuisine on par with or better than some of my favorite vegan restaurants in New York, like Candle 79 and the Garden Cafe.

We found Waterfall Villas because we were looking for an inclusive vacation that wouldn't treat vegetarians as second-class citizens, and we got that and much more. I would recommend it highly to anyone (vegan, vegetarian or omnivore).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just returned from my SECOND trip to Cascadas Farallas. I first went with my husband in 2012 for a week long yoga retreat, but this time brought a group of 11 women for a private yoga retreat. Fateh is a joy to work with and exceeded my expectations in making this week special, sacred, and healing. The cuisine is fresh, healthy, and vegan (with many RAW meals sprinkled in, by request). The resort has only become more beautiful and comfortable since my last trip. No detail is overlooked--from nice linens to garnishes on my green drinks (I highly recommend doing a juice fast for at least 48 hours). Fateh's knowledge on yoga and spirituality is so vast and she has a way of connecting with every person in the group. We all felt as if they had opened their home to us. Franco is the consummate host and naturalist--I enjoyed hiking with him to the waterfall for the 2nd time and got to see so much wildlife. Whether you stay for a night or a month, be sure to take advantage of the AMAZING spa. Raquel is probably the most gifted therapist I've worked with, and I've been to 5-star spas in many resorts. Some members of our group even sighed up for 3rd and 4th treatments because she was SO good! And finally, the Shamanic experience with Sabina is not to be missed. She is a gem and a blessing and I am so happy to have spent more time with her during this trip. I could not have selected a better location for our retreat. From the airport transfers to arranging every last detail to make sure we were completely at ease--Fateh and Franco have figured out exactly how to balance luxury and an authentic green/natural escape!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I spent an absolutely wonderful, restful, adventurous 10 days at Cascadas Farallas. The room was elegant and the setting spectacular! Gourmet vegetarian meals 3 times a day made it tough to leave. The staff is willing and able to assist you in planning side trips. Yoga was wonderful. Drinking from coconuts so healthy and fun. Loved just relaxing and hanging out. Lots of privacy and time to chill. I especially liked just reading for hours in the hammock.I felt totally comfortable going solo. Met wonderful people along the way. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Package: Vegan / Raw Bliss Honeymoon package with a mix of raw and cooked meals.
We also added on 2 nights and three tours:
1) Zipline canopy tour
2) Guided Manuel Antonio Park tour with transport
3) Guided Corcovado National Park tour with transport

Location: Tucked away on a quiet by lane near Dominical, Costa Rica
The property immersed us in the experience of the rainforest with the beautiful twittering of birds and the magnificent dance of the blue morpho butterflies every morning.

Room: Butterfly Suite with luxurious King bed and kitchenette w/ mini fridge, AC
Beautifully decorated, serene sanctuary with a balcony overlooking the stream which we listened to warbling as we relaxed or read.

Service: Our needs were ably, courteously met by the kindness of Donald and the other staff.

Spa: We chose to have a couples massage by the waterfall, the masseuses were very talented and hit all the right spots for deep relaxation.

Food: Amazing, glorious, food, all vegan and some raw. Each day's menu finely crafted. Each meal filled with flavor and delicate balance of Fateh's own recipes. Each meal accompanied by juice or aqua fresca. Breakfasts were more like brunches for me and lunch was round two. Each dinner was a three course affair. Our favorite were the dinner desserts concocted with lots of fresh tropical fruits. We also highly recommend having the waterfall indulgence lunch - we lingered for over two hours in a romantic haze listening to the cascades and nibbling the delicious dessert and fruit platter. Many thanks to the chefs Heidi and Soleil for the exemplary execution.

Yoga: Fateh led us in a Kundalini yoga class on an outdoor studio platform by the waterfall. The energy of the location and the instructor were sublimely restorative.

Tours:
1) Guided Hike to the Nauyaca Waterfall - with transport
Our host Franco personally conducted us down a local hiking route to the most private and serene waterfall I've had the fortune to experience. This was my first time on a hike and the 30 to 60 degree inclines on the narrow trail were a challenge. Many thanks to Franco's patience as I teetered my way down and up. There was a tour group just leaving as we got there. And then it was just the two of us and Franco enjoying the spectacle of light on water from above.
2) Zipline canopy tour at the Baru
This was my first time and a lot of fun, I definitely recommend this experience and we saw toucans and a sloth as well as white-faced monkeys and poison dart frogs and the leaf-cutter ants on the hike.
3) Guided Manuel Antonio Park tour with transport
A very easy walking tour where we saw howler and white-faced monkeys, two varieties of toucans and learned more about the rainforest environment. Tour ended at a white sand beach perfect for swimming and very family friendly.
4) Guided Corcovado National Park tour with transport
The best place ever - we saw all four of Costa Rica's monkey breeds including the diminutive squirrel monkeys,the scarlet macaws soaring overhead as well as dolphins on our boat ride in.
If you only have time for one tour - choose this one.
Other: It is only a 10-15min ride to Dominical by taxi where there are huge waves, it seems to be a popular place for experienced surfers based on the conversations of our guests.

Fateh and Franco - Thank you for giving us a taste of the Pura Vida Vegana.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!