“Lovely Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas
3 miles NE of Dominical | calle principal direction San Isidro, Dominical 99999, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Dominical B&B and Inns
Brampton, Canada
“Lovely Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Waterfall Villas. The sounds of nature all around and the waterfall at the end of the property were very relaxing. The service was relaxed and effortless. Our journey to the local beaches were looked after by the staff. Along with our two excursions, Fateh organized our yoga sessions which were both relaxing and invigorating.
A very nice trip where we could immerse in the sunshine on the beach and escape to a beautiful jungle atmosphere all in the same day. Walking around the property was a great experience which allowed us to see various animals like toads and toucan as well as beautiful mega butterflies flying over the ravine behind our room. The balcony from our suite was a great touch as it gave us a feeling of being immersed right in nature and having a "bird's eye view" on our surroundings.
There were several little private sitting areas including a relaxing hammock to simply breath in the fresh air and reflect.
Expect to let go of worries and soak in some soothing sunshine while keeping a look out for the possible monkey or sloth which may be hanging around.
Happy journeys to all at the Waterfall Villas.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I dont' know why it has taken me so long to thank Franco, Fateh and the staff for one of the most incredible visits. my husband and i enjoyed a pre-baby/ late honeymoon here.

we were taken care of from the start by our taxi driver, all arranged by the couple. the grounds are beautiful when you arrive, everyone was so welcoming. the room was perfect, clean, stocked with fresh fruits.

the food was some of the best food we have ever eaten, and we like to eat. every meal had a fresh juice and there was more than enough at each meal. we are both vegan and we were beyond impressed by the quality and variety of foods.

we spent a week at the villas, got couples massages, i had a prenatal massage(best massage i've ever had), and meet with Fateh for prenatal yoga in the mornings. all of our activities were set up in advance and everything down to the transport was figured out for us. we truly got to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

we did go whale watching on an unfortunately very rough sea day which made us both sick. the tour we got from Franco was great through Manuel Antonio Park, without him we would have missed the sloth. we have some amazing pictures that my husband took the whole trip, we will never forget the time we had here.

the only disappointment was that we had to leave. we hope to travel back here when our daughter is older.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I are avid travellers. We've been to hotels all over the Caribbean, south america, and central america. We have experienced the resorts, with the loud music, the poolside DJ, the staff coercing you to join in daily activities, the calorie filled pina coladas and daiquiris, the americanized buffet food. This year we wanted to experience something different. We were looking for a spiritual experience. Its very difficult to trust what is advertised on the internet but we took our chances with the Cascada Farallas Waterfall Villas! We discovered a hidden gem ! We have all had gluten and dairy intolerance in the past so to find a place that can cater to this need was a real treat. I had never done a vegan diet and I was pleasantly surprised with the creativity of the meals. Everything was positively delicious. If people ate like this everyday, I am sure there would be a lot less disease and sickness in the world. The portions might seem small but it actually corresponds to what we should actually eat. There are several snacks and green drinks served in-between. The goal is not to starve us, as other guests have complained, this diet is not only a CLEANSE but shows us that by eating smaller portions, and more frequently throughout the day, it actually increases our metabolism, and promotes easier digestion. The kitchen staff is there all morning day and night and meticulously prepares each meal based on customer request. (I don't think a 5 * restaurant where you would pay 100€ for 3 course meal even puts as much effort and attention to detail). We treated ourself to a total spa makeover, with facials, deep tissue massages each day and a treatment that opens up the third eye, while pouring oil continuously on it. This notion of the 3rd eye was also addressed during our meditation and yoga classes. We did daily 8am yoga classes which was a Kundalini yoga. In addition, we also did a few beginner classes of meditation-which would then be complimented with our third-eye opening spa treatment. The staff was amazing, very perceptive to our needs. Fateh was just a delight. She has so much knowledge and wisdom to share. Her yoga classes were my favourite part. As for the rooms, they were simply divine, with a very nature and zen feel to them. There is a balcony overlooking the waterfall. We took a day trip to the Dominica Beach which was also great because it was only a 10 minute drive from the Villas. Everyone has different expectations for their ideal vacation, and I'd say this place a definitely a place of relaxation, slow-paced, getting in tune with oneself type of vacation. I personally got so much work done while I was there, in such a zen atmosphere. It was amazing that I achieved such a state of concentration. There was also a woman there writing a novel while we were there which was very inspiring. Anyone that does not appreciate this place is just simply ignorant! We will definitely come back ! From the Hammond family !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jaguarandi, Owner at Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for trying our Detox Cleanse Menu for total rejuvenation and healing. It was a pleasure to have you and family here with us! I am glad that all of you were able to de-stress from your busy lives and found the time to spend quality time together! Much love & light, Fateh
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The site is phenomenal... the management hospitality non-existent. When we travel to a small place, we expect a hospitable reception from those with whom we corresponded in setting up the reservation. Fateh, the Owner, seemed so warm in the email exchanges, but she did not appear once during our four day stay. I suppose she may have shown if we had elected to pay $100/hour for a massage, though we're not even sure about that. Her husband's welcome turned us off completely to trying any of their services.

The healthy, meditative lifestyle advertised manifested itself only in good fresh fruit, which is widely available everywhere. The meals were vegetarian but certainly not anything to write home about. The shower did not work well. The sink gave no hot water.

We were prepared to love this place and after the kind and engaging treatment we had receive at the other small places we stayed, we were shocked by their inattention. We'll go back when the ownership changes.

Room Tip: We were given the "Honeymoon Suite". An oversized jacuzzi overwhelmed it. There was no dra...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jaguarandi, Owner at Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
At 7pm when you checked-in our night receptionist called to tell us that you did not want to pay your bill in total, but you did want to stay. My husband Franco had to drive to our boutique Hotel, and explain to you that our policy is that you pay on arrival the whole bill. This is very clearly explained in the documentation I sent you as well as on our website.
You managed to break the shower, and that did cost us quite a bit to fix, However, we did not charge you anything for that.
For people who are not Vegan nor Vegetarian or Raw foodist, our food may not be for you as we are very conscious to not cook with salt or any other ingredient that may have preservatives. If one is used to regular - Standard America /or European Diet, as I believe your group is French Swiss, then our meals will not wow you, because your tastes are not sensitive to the pure ingredients with no creams and other rich animal products as one may be used to.
I am the owner, as well as the person who does most of the reservations, however, I do not live on the property. I am also not the masseuse, and the Spa Services are for the enjoyment of the guests at the normal prices in Costa Rica. I only go to the property if I am personally requested, or if I have Yoga students. You did not request to meet me. Please check the hotel check-in policies next time you book, and please also inquire about the type of meals that are served. Thank you, Fateh Bolivar
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was tired after working hard last couple of months. When I came to this retreat I got totally relaxed! Was there for 4 days, had excellent raw food, tasted the must interesting food in my whole life! I been on raw food for a year but the dishes that was presented for me was totally amazing. To be around there was a total detox! I had great yoga, meditation and everything was so relaxing, a perfect start on an awesome holiday in Costa Rica. Will recommend this retreat to all people, even if you not eating Raw food I will recommend to try it at the retreat for a couple of days, might be a new awakening in life =)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

i was looking for a place to relax, detox and indulge in yoga...i got all that and more! i had the most insightful meditations with Fateh over my 6 day stay that made me feel totally recharged and rejuvenated. the food is beyond my highest expectation! organic vegan and raw options that were of such high quality that i could not have asked for any better food. i juiced for a couple of days and they prepared the most nourishing juices through out the day. i plan to go back...!
the best year-end retreat i could have wished for! the staff was attentive and caring the owners honest and real and very welcoming. this IS a real place that i would love to return to over and over again!

Room Tip: the swimming pool was a waterfall that wrapped the entire property...amazing!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days at the first of January, 2013. Did the vegan package that included breakfast, yoga, a massage and some tours. The owners are very gracious and are very accommodating. The inn is very small and has just a few rooms, so if you are looking for an active resort this is not the spot. The rooms are very nice with heavy use of stone throughout. We stayed in the butterfly suite. The king bed was fairly comfortable but the mattress was a little on the firm side for our taste. The room had a very nice private balcony overlooking the waterfall. A note on the bathroom -- although it is in the room, it is just surrounded by stone that does not go to the ceiling, So if you like privacy when you use the bathroom, you might not be happy about this. The other couples who were there really seemed to like the food. One was doing the raw option and seemed really happy. We are not vegetarians but wanted to try this for a few days. From our standpoint, most of the meals were very good, but on one night we didn't like the entree at all and another night felt it was just ok. But this is just a personal preference.There is a great place to do yoga outside overlooking the waterfall and if you have a couples massage there is a beantiful spot overlooking the waterfall that this is done, The beach as described is just a few minutes drive. We went to the beach right in Domincal, but I wished we had driven to a more remote beach (and there are many areas to go) as the beach right in town had a lot of trash thrown around. The hotel is right off the main road, and although the minute you drive up to the hotel, it feels as though you are in the middle of the jungle, you will hear the road noise until late in the evening.This is a great place for those who want to totally unplug, relax and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!