“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas
3 miles NE of Dominical | calle principal direction San Isidro, Dominical 99999, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #2 of 12 Dominical B&B and Inns
New York
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We came here on our honeymoon in July.

We had the time of our lives!

The food was incredible. The activities were really fun and it rained for only about 30 minutes each day - and very lightly.

I can't say enough good things about this place. We'd really love to come back sometime.

Thank you so much!

Note: Bring hiking boots if you want to do the incredible hikes (a mistake we made)!

Room Tip: The butterfly suite is nice for a honeymoon. I haven't seen the other rooms though.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Waterfall Villas is an intimate setting placed in the middle of paradise. The raw food was outstanding surpassing all of my expectations. The accommodations were amazing and so relaxing. The therapeutic massage was excellent and really helped me get a good start to my short stay. My three day stay was just what I needed to get back on track with my healthy lifestyle, and it provided me the opportunity to spend time in reflection and meditation that I so badly needed. One travel tip: If you need to have phone service overseas you may need to contact your phone service provider and make the necessary arrangements prior to arriving to Costa Rica.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brookfield, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

A magical, amazing experience. I have never felt compelled to write a review for anything until now, but had to share. We chose Cascadas Farallas because of its size and vegan fare but others there chose it for its romantic setting, the waterfalls, yoga and meditation, raw option and more.

The hosts (Fateh and Franco) and staff were the best! We received a warm welcome on arrival, had incredible food and beautiful accommodations. The property is gorgeous and the attention to details impeccable. Seamless transfers for our tours with the best guides were prearranged and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

We were planning our return trip on the drive home from the airport. We cannot recommend Cascadas Farallas highly enough!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I spent 18 at the Waterfalls Villas in Costa Rica with Fateh and Franco Bolivar and I thought I had died and went to "Heaven"!!! :) I got such personal TLC there and the food was outstanding!
Whether you are looking for all raw or all cooked Vegan or combination of both, they can make it happen...... I thought I was at a 5 star gourmet restaurant! This is a small, family run resort and and I felt like part of the family while I was there. It was amazing, my every wish was their command! Doesn't get any better that this! Beautiful setting too, can't wait to return!
Reenie Carmack

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here in May with a friend and we had a wonderful time! the grounds are just amazing, beautiful- we stayed in the dragonfly suite and had awesome views of the waterfall from our villa and private deck.We did have some serious ant visitors one night and had to switch rooms but Franco and Fateh were very helpful and the ants were gone the next monring, they were just passing through :) Franco and Fateh were great- took us on a waterfall hike and directed us to the best attractions and activities. We had the most relaxing time, GREAT food (we are not vegans)- when we wanted a bite of more unhealthy food w went to dominical (great bars and restaurants). Cannot wait to come back to Costa Rica! great stay

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My teenage son and I stayed during the rainy season, in early October 2012- not bad at all for having rain every afternoon (it was rather nice and cooling). The Waterfall Villa was exceptional. Extremely clean, friendly, unique, and comfortable. There were fresh flowers daily, lovingly placed in every nook and craney, even in the rooms and bathrooms. I would highly recommend this property and entire experience they create for you, to families, couples, and those wanting to travel alone. If you are afraid to travel alone just do it! The personal care there is exceptional- you wouldnt be lonely at all. I could not have asked for more. Fateh and Franco have every comfort taken into consideration for you. Exceptional hospitality.
We were not into Yoga or veganism but were open to the idea, so we tried it. The meals were prepared on time, all three meals every day and they were fabulous. If you absolutely must have meat- -they will provide fish for you. But you will see you won’t need meat and you won’t miss it. The meals were very filling and very appetizing and left me craving more of that type of food after I returned home. We brought snacks just in case- - and ended up leaving the snacks because we just didn’t need them. Pleanty of food and home made desert every night.
You won’t need a rental car unless you absolutely feel comfortable driving in foreign county. The cab ride to town is only $10.00 each way. We were picked up airport and driven to the villa, stopping along the way for authentic Costa Rican food, and sightseeing. Also we were transported back to the airport. It was so easy and stress free. Save money for the Exit Tax at the airport when leaving though. It’s about $28.00 each person.
Each day there was a trip planned for us based on what we wanted to see and do. There was nothing we could have even imagined to make the trip more special. We learned to surf, went horseback riding thru the rain forest, up the mountain, to arrive at a phenomenal waterfall, and then back to the bottom of the fall to swim in the natural pool below the waterfall. It was absolutely like being in heaven. We were the only ones in the entire forest. Our guide took us to his home for home cooked lunch and we were able to see the white faced monkeys abundantly in the trees, and hand feed a toucan right off the porch. If that wasn’t enough, the following day we went on a whale watching tour and were able to be up close to several species of whales (I understand this was the whale migration season, thus the reason for selecting to go in the rainy season. Well worth it). We had plenty of time for venturing out on our own if we wanted to, but were happy to take the planned trips and stick around the villa.

Things you may want to know- if you must have air conditioning ask for it and pay for it. The plumbing is not like American so be prepared for a slight change in procedure- not bad at all. The money is about the same value, but it is in Costa Rican. You should not a have a problem if you bring lots of small bills. The water is good but makes your hair fuller and thicker- probably due to the lack of our harsh chemicals, bring extra conditioner (however they do provide shampoo and conditioner). The people are happy and very friendly and are very glad to have tourists visit. I understand there is little work there for the locals, so if you plan on tipping, plan on tipping well- -you may not ever know how much a little extra means to those who work for a living. If you drink- you may want to buy iti n town, otherwise the cost is extra- costs per glass. There are no TV's and no WiFi- so if your kids will get bored bring a lap top with movies for the nights in the rooms.
If you plan to partake in the Shamas Services, plan on $600.00 for three days of services (wish I would have known that I would have been able to experience it- - still that is cost effective as compared to three days of treatments in the casino spas). When we finally did the math on the entire cost of the all-inclusive trip we were so amazed. The value is spectacular and surpasses the cost of a luxury hotel in the states with all meals, transportation, and 6 side trips. No Comparison at all- the Waterfall Villas wins hands down. It was much cheaper than most American vacations, and much more relaxing and remarkable. Feel free to contact me for more info and photos if desired- RockStarRunners@hotmail.com Jill McDonnell

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We recently stayed in the Butterfly Suite for a week. The kindness of everyone we met, coupled with the picturesque landscape and delicious vegan food made us feel like we had discovered a gem! My husband, who is a lover of meat and cheese, stated that he would gladly cross-over to "team vegan" if he could eat there everyday! The continuous lullaby of the rushing water just 10 feet from our balcony only added more love for this hideaway in the rainforest (that is also only 10 minutes from the coast). Like so many folks who live in this area of Costa Rica, the owners, Franco and Fateh, have a wonderful story and are both truly interested in helping the community flourish while pursuing their own dreams. They are very professional, genuine and kind. There are a handful of options for lodging in this area of Costa Rica, however Waterfall Villas is unlike any of the other options. If you decide to stay here you are truly doing yourself a favor!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!