We booked this hotel for our first night in Costa Rica because we were on our way from San Jose to the Osa Peninsula. It was the peak of holiday time and we planned our trip late in the game. Domilocos was the only place that had any rooms available. That is the ONLY reason to stay at this hotel--if there is no other place available!
We are not fussy people and have stayed in a variety of places--from very simple to the most luxurious.
A night at this place feels like living in a slum. It is not clean. The towels are old, and torn and made us itch. The sheets are also itchy and the beds unbearable. There are cats everywhere. The AC is minimal. The jacuzzi is broken and you would not want to put your foot in it, not to mention have your kids swim in it!
If you look at the back of the building, it is not even finished! It has tarps blowing in the wind.
This place isn't cheap by CR standards--we paid $140 for the room
We were hesitant to eat the "free" breakfast, but actually, that was the ONLY redeeming part of the stay here. Avoid this place!
- Also Known As:
- Domilocos Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Domilocos Costa Rica/Dominical
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 21 room hotel located at 50 meters from the beach, with a very popular Italian restaurant called ConFusione. The spacy, clean rooms are all equipped with A/C, private bathrooms and hot water. The standard rooms can accomodate up to 4 people, the big rooms up to 7 people. We have a huge jacuzzi, and end of may 2008 the lounge bar will be ready. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Hotel Domilocos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.