Donna and Ron have created a special place where elegance and grace and all the comforts of home meet the Costa Rican jungle, ocean, and wildlife. I was there 3 or 4 days and after visting the local beaches, my friend and I didn't want to leave Shelter from the Storm as we could enjoy the pool, our porches, the mild weather, and even a rain storm at night that was so intoxicating that I recorded it on my cell phone. Ron's suggestion of eating at Restaurant Exotica was fantastic as Donna's was to go to Lentana Playa beach. Dominical has many beautiful beaches and fresh foods to buy and create in your own fully appointed kitchen or find at local eateries. I will go back as soon as time allows. There is alot more to explore in Dominical and by spending more days at Shelter from the Storm.
- Also Known As:
- Shelter From The Storm Hotel Dominical
- Shelter From The Storm Hotel
- Shelter From The Storm Costa Rica/Dominical
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shelter from the Storm is a group of 2 villas perched on a 5 acre mountainside point, 60 meters above the Pacific, high enough to give dramatic views of the coast to the Osa Pennisula, but low enough to hear the waves breaking on the rocks below. Hotel rates for your own private place! Ammenities: Shared pool adjacent Entertainment Rancho with honor bar, BBQ,satelite stereo tv & dvd, washer/dryer, & much more.... ... more less