“Good and cheap hostel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tortilla Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dominical
Tortilla Flats
You added Tortilla Flats to your Saves list
Dominical, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Dominical
Olten
“Good and cheap hostel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were four people staying two nights at tortilla flats. Our room was small but had a own bathroom and was clean - a good deal for 15$ a night per room!

The hostel is just at the beach and the restaurant beside is good but a little pricey. We would recommend tortilla flat for all travelling on a budget and not looking for a luxury stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The staff were amazing, the setting is perfect.

My room was clean, basic and I got a great deal.

There is such a good vibe at the place you will end up talking to strangers and having some wild times.

In the morning, you'll wake up to the sound of the jungle, and the lip of that wave smacking into the pacific ocean.

In the evening as sun sets and everyone head to the beach to watch it go down, Tortilla flats will be handing out ice cold beers to enjoy it with, during their daily happy hour, easing the strain on your wallet a little.

Oh yeah and the food is pretty good too. Try the mahi mahi burger - Beast!

I will be going back to Dominical, and when I do, I will be staying at Tortilla Flats again.

Loved it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was the first place on our trip where we could relax and enjoy a drink after hours of flying, buses, and taxis. We got tipped off about the passion fruit basil margarita and dove right in. They are awesome! The bar is very layed back, a melting pot of international travelers, ex-pats, and locals. Right near the beach, a perfect place to unwind and take in the atmosphere. No telling who you might run into here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed a week here during the Easter celebration week 'Semana Santa'...I had no idea what I was getting into! I booked a room with two beds, it cost about $12 for the room per night. I stayed alone, so I was happy to pay double price just for the security of having my own room. I made friends with a group of great friends that week, in the restaurant and we had a great time surfing with the locals and experiencing this beautiful area!!! It is absolutely gorgeous here in Dominical...the surf was quite large, and progressively bigger and bigger as the week went on...also during the Easter week it was lovely, the whole town filled with people camping on the beach and partying all night long EVERY NIGHT (wish I had some earplugs there sometimes)....not really my thing, but it was fun to be a part of that. I really don't know why people give such poor reviews...the price is great, it's ocean-front, and nice staff, and there is running water and a toilet and a locked door...what do you really expect travelling here?

Room Tip: second level is the way to go. check the room before booking...duh
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place has great cocktails- the basil margarita was to die for and I'll probably remember it for the rest of my life. The food was decent, not amazing but certainly not bad.

But, come on, what's with the surly Tica waitress?! I thought she was going to try to take me out back and beat me up. I didn't realize ordering a cocktail in a bar could infuriate someone so much. She was definitely a saucy little number.

We came back the next day because we were in the mood for more basil margaritas, and we were presented with yet ANOTHER unpleasant waiter. This time it was a stoney surfer guy, and he did not seem to care if we lived or died.

Whatever, Tortilla Flats is fine. I just think customer service should be like, somewhat of a priority.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
la playa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Located right in front of the surf you can check the waves from your window. The accomodations are a little less than average, but the price is right for what you get, a basic room with a door and a bed and bathroom. We spent most of the day at the beach which is right there in from of Tortilla Flats. The restaurante serves food and also has views of the waves and the beach, good place to relax with a cold one. Dominical is a small town and from Tortilla flats you are a short walk to everything you need. Pura vida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food was bad, the service was not good and the dont do separate checks, thatnis ridiculous.
It look like they dont care what the costumer want or think. I dont understand why they dont do separate check, al so they dont do devolutions. The fodd was nasty and the service was rude

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Tortilla Flats? Share your experiences!