We recently stayed here for 6 nights. The staff is wonderful, the food at the restaurant is great, and the grounds are gorgeous. It was great to have a pool to dip in when it was so hot outside.
On the downside - it is about a 15 minute walk into town and when it's muggy, felt longer. My husband wanted to surf, so carrying the surfboard back and forth would have been impossible. Luckily, the place where we rented the board let him keep it there.
There were so many ants in our room. The bathroom doorframe was completely eaten by bugs and we couldn't even figure out where they were coming in. It was just a never ending line of ants. There was also a gecko in our room who chirped really loudly each night, but I guess that's CR for you. The major downside to this hotel is the bed. It was the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in and the pillows were just as bad. We had 6 horrible nights of sleep when we were here, which was so unfortunate because otherwise, it would be a wonderful place to stay. The last day we were there, we did see some mattresses being moved in and out, so hopefully they are getting new ones for the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique style 3 star hotel is set on the banks of the Baru river, located 900 mtrs from the beach and surrounded by impressive tropical forests, the jungle resort Villas Rio Mar awaits you with the traditional Costa Rican friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and HostelWorld so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical