I recently stayed at Villas Rio Mar with a large group and the hotel bent over backwards to meet our needs. Everyone at the hotel was exceptionally kind and efficient. The kitchen went out of its way to cater for members of our group who had food allergies.
This is a great place to take teenagers because the grounds are very contained and it is next to impossible for them to get into trouble, yet there is a lot for them to do from swimming to tennis to miniature golf.
Waterfalls, freshwater swimming holes, zip lining, a nature preserve, and horseback riding are less that 15 minutes away by car. Going to the beach is easily walkable.
The rooms are smallish, but the curtained verandas for each villa greatly enlarges the living space. I had a room without air-conditioning, but opening the windows and using the ceiling fan made the room very comfortable at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique style 3 star hotel is set on the banks of the Baru river, located 900 mtrs from the beach and surrounded by impressive tropical forests, the jungle resort Villas Rio Mar awaits you with the traditional Costa Rican friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and HostelWorld so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical