Our family of 4 stayed at the Villa del Mar on Dec 24th and 25th.
Our main reason to stay here was to be in a tourist spot for Xmas eve and day to hopefully enjoy some Xmas activites for our kids.
Unfortunately, apart from one single Xmas tree and the usual over-priced special Xmas menu, nothing else happened....::((
The resort is really nice, lots of green space and altough many villas are close by, the architectural concept gives you some isolation. They pay high attention to service, cleanliness and quality of food. Every meal there was really good. On our way out, as I was checking out, the maid promptly called the reception to inform them of all the stuff I was about to leave behind, WOW, never seen that in 30 years of travels!!!!!
Rooms are nice but small. Bathroom is really basic with minimal raking. Lovely outside area with sofas, fridge and curtains to isolate you from passers-by.
Pool is nice.
Only negative side, the clientele is kind of old. Lots of grey hair around the pool, I had to tell my boys to keep quiet as all those Germans and Americans 60+ were staring at them....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique style 3 star hotel is set on the banks of the Baru river, located 900 mtrs from the beach and surrounded by impressive tropical forests, the jungle resort Villas Rio Mar awaits you with the traditional Costa Rican friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical