Stayed here for a week at the end of Jan/beginning of February. The people that run it are very nice. The restaurant is quite good. Although the breakfast is of the bland American/English type.
Great pool and great location not far from the town and the beach.
I highly recommend asking for a room with AC because the standard room or whatever it's called does NOT have an AC.
Also a secret tip. When using the shower most people are used to cranking the handle all the way till the end to get to the hot water. But here if you merely turn it just a bit (1/2") on or maybe a little more you will have a very hot shower.
Also just a warning if you are not used to amphibians in your room you'll most likely have 1 or 2 geckos or similar species scurrying around your room.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This unique style 3 star hotel is set on the banks of the Barú river, located 800 mtrs from the beach and surrounded by impressive tropical forests, the jungle resort Villas Rio Mar awaits you with the traditional Costa Rican friendly hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Olotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.