“loud” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Camping Antorchas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Camping Antorchas
You added Camping Antorchas to your Saves list
Playa Dominical, Dominical, Costa Rica   |
Aussersihl, Zurich, Switzerland
“loud”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

we found this little camping zone from the beachside and decided to give it a go, since it was quiet cheap to camp. we mounted our tent and were expecting a lovely night with the sounds of the waterfront up close. unfortunately, on the other side of the compound, there is a skatepark, a quite loud oceanfront restaurant...but it did not beat the neighbour. he felt the need to upgrade his house during the night - which resulted in a night spent to the sounds of electric saw and hammering! all right through the night, without anyone saying anything whatsoever. the daystaff was much nicer than the night staff, the commodities could go for an upgrade. we stayed one night. camping is affordable, the rooms looked stuffy, humid and overpriced.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Grecia, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I tried this place since they have options for both, camping and hostel. I called there to give it a try and the guy reserved me and room for me and my family without the need to deposit anything ahead so it sounded good to me.
I thought it was at beach front but actually is about 50 meters from it. For some reason even when that's a short distance you don't get any breeze from the sea here.

The rooms are very small but the real problem is that they smell bad, like humid or something else, specially when you close it and come back later on. No A/C just a poor fan on the wall that gives some air to the fortunate one that sleeps on the big bed on that side of the room. on the other side there is a bunk bed with no possibility to receive any air from the fan. No hot water also.

The two windows have metal bars for security, you can choose to close them or leave them open to try to get some air from outside, but there are not mosquito nets , so you choose if you want air with mosquitoes, or close the damn windows and die of the heat.
We were a bit lucky since when we arrived at noon the temperature was extremely hot, but at night it finally refreshed a bit and we were able to have some sleep, mosquitoes bites included!

The last thing I hated was the fact that the "camping zone" was nothing like I imagined in front of the beach , it was actually upstairs from our room. so there are like four or five cabins, and all the ceiling is the so called camping zone, so you hear people walking and trying to find stuff at their tents all the time and walking through the stairs.
The worst thing was the price, I had to pay $ 60 for my family of three members to stay here, next day I found a place for $ 50 with A/C, Hot water, beautiful beds, safe etc. ( montanas de agua)

So in few words I don't recommend this place to anybody. Never will come back here !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Dominical hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had booked a room one week in advance for new years eve. I even made a deposit before my arrival. When i got to the hostel the girl in the front desk told me they had rented my room cause they THOUGHT i was arriving the day before. I had made a deposit and in the reciep i wrote clearly the day in my arrival and i even calles to confirm two days before. The girl and a guy who presumably was in charge but didnt introduce himself had the worst attitude, didnt apologize, threw the money of the deposit back at us and asked us to leave.
The best way to to treat a costumer.
I would think it twice before checking in this hostel. You dont wanna spend the whole day looking for another hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Hotel Luz de Luna
Hotel Cuna del Angel
Hotel Cuna del Angel
#4 of 13 in Dominical
4.5 of 5 stars 304 reviews

Been to Camping Antorchas? Share your experiences!