“Poor, uncomfortable and expensive place.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Camping Antorchas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Camping Antorchas
You added Camping Antorchas to your Saves list
Playa Dominical, Dominical, Costa Rica   |
Grecia, Costa Rica
“Poor, uncomfortable and expensive place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I tried this place since they have options for both, camping and hostel. I called there to give it a try and the guy reserved me and room for me and my family without the need to deposit anything ahead so it sounded good to me.
I thought it was at beach front but actually is about 50 meters from it. For some reason even when that's a short distance you don't get any breeze from the sea here.

The rooms are very small but the real problem is that they smell bad, like humid or something else, specially when you close it and come back later on. No A/C just a poor fan on the wall that gives some air to the fortunate one that sleeps on the big bed on that side of the room. on the other side there is a bunk bed with no possibility to receive any air from the fan. No hot water also.

The two windows have metal bars for security, you can choose to close them or leave them open to try to get some air from outside, but there are not mosquito nets , so you choose if you want air with mosquitoes, or close the damn windows and die of the heat.
We were a bit lucky since when we arrived at noon the temperature was extremely hot, but at night it finally refreshed a bit and we were able to have some sleep, mosquitoes bites included!

The last thing I hated was the fact that the "camping zone" was nothing like I imagined in front of the beach , it was actually upstairs from our room. so there are like four or five cabins, and all the ceiling is the so called camping zone, so you hear people walking and trying to find stuff at their tents all the time and walking through the stairs.
The worst thing was the price, I had to pay $ 60 for my family of three members to stay here, next day I found a place for $ 50 with A/C, Hot water, beautiful beds, safe etc. ( montanas de agua)

So in few words I don't recommend this place to anybody. Never will come back here !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I had booked a room one week in advance for new years eve. I even made a deposit before my arrival. When i got to the hostel the girl in the front desk told me they had rented my room cause they THOUGHT i was arriving the day before. I had made a deposit and in the reciep i wrote clearly the day in my arrival and i even calles to confirm two days before. The girl and a guy who presumably was in charge but didnt introduce himself had the worst attitude, didnt apologize, threw the money of the deposit back at us and asked us to leave.
The best way to to treat a costumer.
I would think it twice before checking in this hostel. You dont wanna spend the whole day looking for another hotel room.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Camping Antorchas? Share your experiences!