“Worth the trek up the mountain!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger
Coastal Highway | 1.9 Kilometers up the mountain road across from Cuna Del Angel, Dominical, Costa Rica
+506 8706 8438
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Dominical
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Mom and Pop Wing Joint with 23 different wing flavors, hand pattied half pound burgers with hand cut fries, 12 different tequilas, large beer selection, a great view and a fun friendly atmosphere. Come on up the mountain. You'll be glad you did. Oh! CASH ONLY!!! NO CREDIT CARDS!!! I REPEAT CASH ONLY. Open Monday - Sunday 4pm - 9pm. Kitchen open later on Satuday nights when you just might find a poker game going on. 4Wd recommended.
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Worth the trek up the mountain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a really cool spot basically on top of a mountain. It's like a mini sports bar in the middle of the jungle! If you make the trek up (which you should) make sure you have a 4x4.
I am a vegetarian, so I did not try the wings, but my husband and our friends were shocked that it was possible to get such high quality wings at the beach! They loved them!!
The view is amazing, and the owners are very kind :) We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2014

Richardson, Texas
“BEST WINGS EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Best wings I ever had in my life. They have really unusual and delicious flavor combinations. We went here twice in our 4 days in the area because it was so good. I'm a sucker for the cilantro cumin wings myself, yummy! The staff is super friendly and awesome as well.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Overall great place, but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I love this place as it has great wings, excellent cold beer, comfortable atmosphere....would get an excellent rating if they would get with the times and offer payment by credit cards. when you are in this area of Costa Rica, cash is not always the easiest to obtain. The prices are rather high and I wouldnt mind paying and would go more often if plastic was taken. Other than that, great place and a definate must...My favorite wings - Siracha Lime - yum.

• Visited February 2014
Starnberg, Germany
“Best wings I've had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

These wings...wow...again, like being back in North America! I live in Germany and they can't do wings well here...nothing like what I experienced at Jolly Roger! I had the spicy maple wings, my friends had the honey mustard, spicy honey garlic and honey garlic and they were also all delicious...and perfect paired with an Imperial beer!
As it was dark, we didn't experience the view everyone else talks about, but we found the service and atmosphere to be excellent! I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone who has the ability to make the trek up the mountain! :)

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“wings, WINGS, wings, and a Great View too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We drove up another one of these bumpy, so called paved roads (gravel) to the Jolly Roger restaurant high above Dominical, CR. The parking lot was full (a good sign) so we found space and strolled into the restaurant. It was comfortably speed with random tables and chairs, all with a fantastic sunset view.
Our drink orders were taken by the owner, his tequila special. delightful absolutely delightful. We then browsed over the chalkboard menu of the many varieties of wings ranging from the basic to beyond suicide! I chose something near suicide, it proved to be a winner.
The staff are all friendly and serve the equally many varieties of people! Great Food, Great Drinks, Great Staff, Great Views, Overall, very well done.

• Visited April 2014