“Great surf and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
50 Meters East of Main St. & Quality Rd. At Domilocos, Dominical 11901, Costa Rica
+506 8917 3143
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 attractions in Dominical
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a surf camp that will plan and set up your entire Costa Rican surf vacation, and we also run a surf school with daily surf lessons. We are proud supporters of both 1% for the Planet and the Surfrider Foundation. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifegaurd Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave us! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf spots where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you are enjoying yourself in this jungle paradise! Please drop us an email to discuss your next Costa Rican surf vacation.
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great surf and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After surfing for a couple of weeks at other places, I decided to stay for four days at Sunset Surf Dominical. I had a great time and I wish I could have stayed much longer. Dylan and his team are really committed to making sure you have a great time. Lessons are in small groups and the approach is very personal. Sunset Surf takes care of everything and you don't have to worry about a thing. Just catch the next wave at the beautiful beaches in the Dominical area.

Visited September 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Great for beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Costa Rica with another couple. When we arrived in Dominical, we briefly stopped at a beach to take in the view and ended up meeting some surfers. Within a few minutes, they were recommending lessons with Dylan at Sunset Surf. We later got a room at the hotel Villas Alturas, and sure enough, the owners Dave and Cindy recommended Dylan, as well. I was a little nervous about surfing, since I'm not a terrific swimmer, but I felt totally safe with Dylan and Josue. They stay at your side and give pointers the whole time. It was very hands-on, and they were super patient and encouraging. A couple of us ended up taking a second lesson the next day, and my husband can't believe he didn't learn to surf earlier in his life. I'd rank the experience as one of my top in Costa Rica, thanks to Sunset Surf!

Breckenridge
“Super Rad Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After taking a bit of beating trying to Surf in San Diego I decided it was time to actually learn how to surf. I did a ton of research and finally settled on Sunset Surf Dominical in Costa Rica and the 6 day surf camp. We couldn't have been happier with that decision. My girlfriend and I had surfed very little before but Dylan and Josue were both fantastic instructors who really knew how to help everyone in the group get to the next level. The progressive steps using different beaches with different types of waves each day are perfect for getting you up and riding waves in a short period of time. By the end of the trip we were able to catch and ride chest high sets. The town of Dominical was a cool little surf town that allowed easy access to the rain forest for other adventures which Dylan and Mari are happy to recommend and help setup. During our entire trip they treated us like friends as opposed to just another group of tourists in town on vacation. If you're looking for the active vacation its tough to beat a spot with surfing, cliff jumping, rain forest hiking, zip lining, sea kayaking and just about anything else you can think of. We'll definitely be back next year and be giving Dylan at Sunset Surf a call.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I travelled to Costa Rica for a month this August. Our first stop was at Dominical for the standard surf package with Sunset Surf. Everything was amazing! Dylan was super friendly and a great teacher. The perfect way too start surfing. On top of that the photos taken were awesome and the trip to Nauyaca Waterfall was sensational. Big thank you to Dylan and the rest of the guys and we hope to go back!

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I had never surfed before and we decided to brave the waves of Dominical, Costa Rica. We chose Sunset Surf because our hotel suggested them. Dylan was friendly, patient and very informative. He was a great teacher and a super cheerleader. We both got up a bunch of times and had a blast. He also had an umbrella to shade us for the beach portion of the lesson and snacks and water to replenish us. Overall great experience. Would have loved to do the camp if we had time.