“Super Rad Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
50 Meters East of Main St. & Quality Rd. At Domilocos, Dominical 11901, Costa Rica
+506 8917 3143
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Attractions in Dominical
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a surf camp that will plan and set up your entire Costa Rican surf vacation, and we also run a surf school with daily surf lessons. We are proud supporters of both 1% for the Planet and the Surfrider Foundation. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifegaurd Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave us! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf spots where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you are enjoying yourself in this jungle paradise! Please drop us an email to discuss your next Costa Rican surf vacation.
Breckenridge
“Super Rad Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After taking a bit of beating trying to Surf in San Diego I decided it was time to actually learn how to surf. I did a ton of research and finally settled on Sunset Surf Dominical in Costa Rica and the 6 day surf camp. We couldn't have been happier with that decision. My girlfriend and I had surfed very little before but Dylan and Josue were both fantastic instructors who really knew how to help everyone in the group get to the next level. The progressive steps using different beaches with different types of waves each day are perfect for getting you up and riding waves in a short period of time. By the end of the trip we were able to catch and ride chest high sets. The town of Dominical was a cool little surf town that allowed easy access to the rain forest for other adventures which Dylan and Mari are happy to recommend and help setup. During our entire trip they treated us like friends as opposed to just another group of tourists in town on vacation. If you're looking for the active vacation its tough to beat a spot with surfing, cliff jumping, rain forest hiking, zip lining, sea kayaking and just about anything else you can think of. We'll definitely be back next year and be giving Dylan at Sunset Surf a call.

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I travelled to Costa Rica for a month this August. Our first stop was at Dominical for the standard surf package with Sunset Surf. Everything was amazing! Dylan was super friendly and a great teacher. The perfect way too start surfing. On top of that the photos taken were awesome and the trip to Nauyaca Waterfall was sensational. Big thank you to Dylan and the rest of the guys and we hope to go back!

Visited August 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I had never surfed before and we decided to brave the waves of Dominical, Costa Rica. We chose Sunset Surf because our hotel suggested them. Dylan was friendly, patient and very informative. He was a great teacher and a super cheerleader. We both got up a bunch of times and had a blast. He also had an umbrella to shade us for the beach portion of the lesson and snacks and water to replenish us. Overall great experience. Would have loved to do the camp if we had time.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“30th Birthday Surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I came to Sunset Surf Camp for my second time for my 30th birthday. I came my first time a year and a half ago, and I had so much fun that I convinced my best friend and my sister to join me or another round. We had a great time, and Dylan and crew helped me have a memorable and fantastic birthday! There's no better way to say goobye to your 20s than with michalatas on the beach in Dominical!

One of the hilights of my trip was beating Josue in a handstand contest on the beach. That's right Josue, don't try to pretend you let me win... :)

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dylan and Josue were fantastic teachers - enthusiastic but patient. They successfully got me surfing in a hurry. The camp is a great resource for other things to do in the area as well - Dylan is an awesome ambassador. The waterfall hike is not to be missed as a side trip!