“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
50 Meters East of Main St. & Quality Rd. At Domilocos, Dominical 11901, Costa Rica
+506 8917 3143
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Attractions in Dominical
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a surf camp that will plan and set up your entire Costa Rican surf vacation, and we also run a surf school with daily surf lessons. We are proud supporters of both 1% for the Planet and the Surfrider Foundation. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifegaurd Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave us! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf spots where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you are enjoying yourself in this jungle paradise! Please drop us an email to discuss your next Costa Rican surf vacation.
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I had never surfed before and we decided to brave the waves of Dominical, Costa Rica. We chose Sunset Surf because our hotel suggested them. Dylan was friendly, patient and very informative. He was a great teacher and a super cheerleader. We both got up a bunch of times and had a blast. He also had an umbrella to shade us for the beach portion of the lesson and snacks and water to replenish us. Overall great experience. Would have loved to do the camp if we had time.

Visited August 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“30th Birthday Surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I came to Sunset Surf Camp for my second time for my 30th birthday. I came my first time a year and a half ago, and I had so much fun that I convinced my best friend and my sister to join me or another round. We had a great time, and Dylan and crew helped me have a memorable and fantastic birthday! There's no better way to say goobye to your 20s than with michalatas on the beach in Dominical!

One of the hilights of my trip was beating Josue in a handstand contest on the beach. That's right Josue, don't try to pretend you let me win... :)

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Dylan and Josue were fantastic teachers - enthusiastic but patient. They successfully got me surfing in a hurry. The camp is a great resource for other things to do in the area as well - Dylan is an awesome ambassador. The waterfall hike is not to be missed as a side trip!

Miami
5 attraction reviews
“Dylan and Team are fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The instructors was excellent! They were patient and calm. And they clearly had fun while teaching. All four of us got up on surf boards!

miami
9 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our entire family had the pleasure of learning how to surf under the tutelage of Dylan Parker and two of his instructors. It was our boys (both under 7) and my wife's first time surfing and my first time in 20 years. We all got up several times on the board and rode the waves. Quite simply, Dylan and his team were awesome, great with our kids, focused on safety and able to adjust their instructional approach to ensure that we were successful! Definitely, a highlight of our trip in C.R.