“Great Surf Instruction” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons

Sunset Surf Dominical - Day Lessons
50 Meters East of Main St. & Quality Rd. At Domilocos, Dominical 11901, Costa Rica
+506 8917 3143
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 15 Attractions in Dominical
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a surf camp that will plan and set up your entire Costa Rican surf vacation, and we also run a surf school with daily surf lessons. We are proud supporters of both 1% for the Planet and the Surfrider Foundation. Our instructors are certified by the ISA , Costa Rican Lifegaurd Association, and are all avid surfers from around the globe. We will turn you from a "never ever" to an "intermediate" surfer by the time you leave us! If you are in intermediate surfer we will transport you to different surf spots where we will work on all aspects surfing point breaks to big beach break. Not only will we teach you everything you need to know about surfing we will show you around Costa Rica and make sure you are enjoying yourself in this jungle paradise! Please drop us an email to discuss your next Costa Rican surf vacation.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Surf Instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was in the Dominical area recently with my wife and son and a group of friends. Our local hosts recommended contacting Sunset Surf for surfing lessons. I'd took several lessons over the week. I'm new to the sport but Dylan and crew got me on the board in no time and had me making steady progress with each lesson. They supplied surf boards and rash guards, and throughly covered proper techniques and safety. My only regret was not being able stay longer. Terrific experience!

Visited February 2012

Kahului, Hawaii
“Very well-run, quality experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

A big group of us went down there, and between us we ranged in surfing ability from avid to 1st-timers. The girlfriends had a blast learning how to stand up and playing in the inside lagoon. The surf team there is very fun and cooperative. Then the proprietor, Dylan, took a couple of us out for some good, serious surf where he took video of us that produced an awesome technical review of my surfing technique. After a few days of surf and video review, I could really isolate and deconstruct my strong and week points in my surfing. Dylan is a sound coach, and my performance has seen breakthroughs as a result of Dylan addressing my technique over some beer and video when we were back on land. Besides the great surfing experience for all, Dylan shares his wealth of information for how to maximize our experience in Dominical. He had directed us to some fantastic activities while the surf was flat, and knows all the good places to eat and have fun. Good times.

Visited December 2011
San Diego, California
“Priceless adventure you will never forgot. Dominical is Hawaii 20 years ago!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My buddy and I adventured down to Dominical looking for some uncrowded surf breaks and warm water and Dylan came thru with his word. We surfed some epic point breaks and beach breaks and got ride after ride with no crowds. Dylan knows the beaches and breaks and gives you the first class service with his surf camp.. After a long day of surfing Dylan grabbed us some coconuts for us to re-hydrate and then we were off to check out some epic waterfalls. The waterfalls were awesome!!! After a long day of jumping off waterfalls and surfing we finished the day with some beers and grilled fish prepared Costa Rican Style. The day was priceless! If you are looking for a great adventure with no crowds from the ocean to the mountains then Dylan with Sunset Surf is your man!!!

Aloha,

Nicholas Gilbert

Visited April 2011
Hamilton
“really fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We visited Dominical last year for a week with our 5 year old for an active family vacation and we had Dylan plan all our activities in advance with all the local tour companies for us - from horsebackriding to waterfalls, to surfing, to kayaking, to spearing fishing, he took care of all of it! The surf lessons were fabulous and Dylan is a great instructor and a great guy! I was able to get up very early on in the lesson and that is credited to his good instruction! His staff Kelly gave our daughter a private surf/boogie board lesson while we had our surf lesson and a year later she is still talking about that experience! Dominical is am amazing place and Dylan and his outfit are first rate!

Visited February 2011
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Could not have been better!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Our whole family (age 14-54) learned to surf with sunset. Quality instruction, safety and lots of fun at a fair price. What more could you ask for.
We spent 10 days at Dominical and saw lots of surf schools in action. Dylan and his crew are the best on the beach. With Sunset you get the goods!

Visited December 2011