“The view was breathtaking and all the staff were very friendly.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Punta Gabriela

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dominical
Prices are for rooms, adults
Punta Gabriela
Save Saved
You added Punta Gabriela to your Saves list
Pan American Hwy | 2km south from main Entrance Playa Dominical, Dominical 33317, Costa Rica   |
Melbourne
“The view was breathtaking and all the staff were very friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

My family loved Punta Gabriela. My husband and children loved the surfing spots surrounding the hotel. We loved the beaches and attractions. The service was very good. They booked tours for us aswell as cooked us amazing food for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

For our ten year anniversary, my husband and I went to Punta Gabriela along with another couple. We stayed in Villa 1 and the Penthouse. Words cannot describe the luxury and service we received from Edwin, Evelyn, Anthony and Manor. It was out of this world!! My sister-in-law and I have 5 young children between our two families and couldn't believe that we didn't have to make one decision for an entire week. Edwin and his team did it all!! (Evelyn even got mud stains out of the bottom of my white pants and had them folded on my bed the following morning!) Edwin planned our excursions, our meals, our drinks, our rides...Everything!!! I don't want to share our secret because we don't want you to take our week next year but we need to give kudos where kudos are due. We are definitely going back...with more friends. Everyone wants to join us after hearing about our experience. The beauty, the culture, the people, the food, the Cacique (local drink that leaves you with no hangover) the fun and our new friends in Costa Rica!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
jmbigmurr, Owner at Punta Gabriela, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We are so happy that we exceeded your expectations.
Please don't keep it a secret we need the business and we will always find space for you.
Please call me anytime for a special return rate.
Thanks
Jesse
964-931-0940
Jmbigmurr@gmail.com
Lehigh Acres, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Final purchase at a silent auction for a good charity. Boy, am I glad that I walked back to the auction sheet with just one minute left to go. I had no idea what I had gotten myself in to but what a pleasant surprise it was. My husband escorted 4 women for a 4 day trip. We had Villa 1 and our friends had villa 2. There were no other travelers at the resort the entire time so it felt like our own house. Edwin was awesome and we had a great time. Fishing, horseback riding, sightseeing, and everything in between. We can't stop talking about it and would love the opportunity to go back. First class all the way!!! Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Villa 1 is the best
Gibraltar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

It has taken me a while to write this review and I am going to have to apologise to Edwin and his team. Sorry guys but trust me we have not forgotten you!!!

So we booked in to spend a week on our around new years eve 2013. Whilst making the arrangements and despite a very very helpful Edwin we could have never even imagined what we were looking forward to.

We had rented the full property for our family which included two toddlers, and I would recommend this over and over.

the location was breath taking, I still cannot get over the views from anywhere on the property. the villa with the pool was heavenly, I mean imagine soaking in your own private pool overlooking that magnificent coast line, or hanging over this pool on a hammock!

The main pool was perfect with a bar area and Jacuzzi which we all gathered in after a long hard day :)

The zip line and canopy where insane!!!

Finally the breakfast and food generally prepared by the guys headed by Edwin was perfect.

I need to add that they made all the difference to the trip giving you a real feel for "pura vida". they took care of your every need and immediately made you feel at home. Nothing was out of reach, every request was met.

They organised incredible fishing trips and excursions and took us to some great local restaurants. everybody in the area knew Edwin and quoting his name was a guarantee of service!

I recommend Punta Gabriela to anybody who is looking for a special but authentic taste of costa Rica as it has everything you would expect and more!

To Edwin and family our stay with you was exceptional and we all wanted to thank you for your efforts and warm disposition! you are great!

To the owners of the property, my congratulations a truly exceptional design and location, exquisite decoration lacking no amenities and catering for even the most demanding!

Room Tip: make sure you contact Edwin before your trip as he will ensure that everything runs smoothly for you...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

The villas and view at Punta Gabriela were beautiful!! My pictures do not justify the beauty of this place! Funny as I had the most facebook likes ever (90 something) of the one with me on a hammock near Villa 1 over the pool with the ocean/hot tub in the background. The location is very private and luxurious! Very romantic (Villa 1), but we were there for a girls weekend and it was very peaceful and relaxing!

Edwin (manager) was very attentive and knowledgeable of our local requests. He was also a great chef!!!!! The food was delicious and I was happy that is was also healthy as I have begun to watch what I now eat!!! Loved the fresh mangos, seafood ceviche, and unique salads amongst other items!

I wish we had an extra day just to lounge around the grounds! It is breathtaking!!! 3 of us also did the zip lining on the property and felt very comfortable in the hands of the staff (it was two others first time). The staff was very patient, friendly, and helpful with us.

Downtown and horseback riding were short drives away! Place had wifi too!

I can't wait to return!!!
Crystal M.

Room Tip: Villa 1 is amazing!!! All the villas are amazing, but in Villa 1 you can close the gate and have yo...
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Incredible place. The photos do not do this property justice. It far exceeded our expectations. We stayed for several days and did not want to leave. The staff is incredible. The food spectacular. It's immaculately kept with every amenity covered. Private zip lines. Wifi. They have covered it all! Don't miss this beautiful and well kept place!
jc

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We got pick up to the hotel on San Jose, traveling 4 ladies for a getaway wkn, we felt secure; driver is a great guy, polite, with patience, he stop a few times along the way as we ask him.. :) location was fantastic if you are looking to be close to the beach. They have a great view from the pool to the beach. Plenty of lounge chairs by the pool, towels that you can use at the pool or take with you to the beach, but you rather stay and pamper yourself at the villa.... the place is spectacular and well maintenance. I stayed at Villa # 1 is breathtaking view, infinite pool and Jacuzzi so relaxing... The villas are modern and quite comfortable. Pillowtop beds, plenty of pillows, flatscreen tv, free wifi, and modern bathroom with a nice soft bathrobe waiting for you, is just inviting.... so romantic!! This was a girls trip so we had plan to go to the city and explore as well as horse riding, and zip lining, Edwin manager for the property took care of everything; what an amazing guy always polite and ready to help us. One of my girlfriend was scare (you know being outside USA) but he make sure we had transportation all the time, we felt care and protect. Can't say enough about the staff! They went above and beyond! Can't put into words how his efforts and personal attention made us feel! Constantly greeted us with a smile and eagerness to assist with anything we needed! Edwin and his Brother Menor simple gestures and consistent customer service across the board! I would love to come back!!!! Thank you so much for a great vacation!!!!

Greissy Amorocho

Room Tip: Property have no fitness center but is a beautiful property to relax and enjoy, they offer Zip linin...
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Punta Gabriela? Share your experiences!