“GREAT family adventure and a taste of Tico culture!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Attractions in Dominical
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small tour company specializing in fun and adventure: offering quad tours, horseback and our unparalleled Rappelling River Adventure Tour. At Diamante Verde Tours we tear the page out of conventional tour books, recycle it and take you beyond ordinary tourist destinations. We truly are the heart of Costa Rica.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Madison, Wisconsin
“GREAT family adventure and a taste of Tico culture!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

10 days in Costa Rica and our tour with Karl’s Diamante Verde Tour ranked right up there on top! Not only the tour itself, but the treasure that was waiting for us at the end. I’ll get to that, but first…our day started with an introduction and instruction period with Karl to ensure that everybody in our party was comfortable with the ATVs. We had 4 adults and 4 kids (ages 15, 12, 12 and 9). The ATVs were comfortable and very easy to operate. We appreciated Karl’s perspective on the Tico culture and the sites he shared along the way. The views were truly breathtaking! Karl knew just when to stop for photo ops for memories to be captured! We were surprised that many of the “trails” were in fact public roads...we couldn’t imagine driving our cars on some of the rough terrain but we were sure glad to be on the ATVs! Every turn brought about more and more amazing views. What a treat to stop at the little family store at the top of the mountain – we are still enjoying the coffee we bought there! Our tour lasted the full day and included a lunch stop at a house on a working farm, again in a beautiful setting. Karl served cold spaghetti (yes, it was very good), chicken salad sandwiches and a few other goodies...all very good! The jewel at the end of our tour was a stop at Nauyaca Falls! I can’t even begin to explain how beautiful and peaceful it was there! After a fun little “elevator ride” across a ravine, we hiked a short bit to uncover the beauty of Nauyaca. The water was pristine for swimming and the falls just accessible enough to climb to the first level for some fun jumps! Even though I know that Karl has been to this Falls hundreds, if not thousands, of times, he truly seemed to enjoy just kicking back and enjoying the scenery as if it were the first time while he encouraged us to simply ENJOY! We were never in a hurry or rushed to leave and had it not been getting dark and we had to ride the ATVs back, I am convinced we could have spent the night there under the stars and listening to the Falls. Karl’s tour is 100% A++++++…if you are looking for a great adventure in the Dominical area, this is highly recommended!

Note: I’d recommend bringing lots of sunscreen, sunglasses, cameras, including a water camera, water shoes worked great for hiking the falls, cash to buy coffee and/or a cold drink along the way, Kleenex (believe me, you'll want it!) and a great sense of adventure!

PS: Be prepared to get dirty & dusty!!!

Visited March 2013

Poughkeepsie, New York
9 attraction reviews
“Six stars!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Dominical in March with a friend and were lucky enough to connect with Karl for a day on his machines. We had been to Jaco once and went on an ATV tour and were skeptical as their machines were falling apart. To the contrary, Karl's machines were impeccable with added features such as backrests and taller handle bars for comfort. I feel like I am wasting time writing this review as I feel it is impossible to give anything less than five stars. If I could give six I would. We were late due to an error on the part of our hotel ... we thought this would shorten our trip. Once again Karl told us this was not a problem. He just extended the trip later. It was the coolest thing returning to his base camp as dusk approached through the jungle. Excellent memories for sure. To add to the pleasure of our day I had mentioned to Karl that our hotel attempted to overcharge us ridiculously for a taxi ride back to the airport. Karl did not skip a beat and pulled out his cell and made the call. He saved us $50.00. I wish we had more time as we surely would have booked another tour with him but we could not fit it in. In closing; Thank you Karl for providing the best tour we have been on in CR.

Visited March 2013
Dominical, Costa Rica
“Awesome tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This tour was one of the best experiences I had in Costa Rica. Riding the ATV's throughout the rainforest was so awesome. Karl took the time to ensure everyone in our group was comfortable riding the ATV's since some of us were beginners. The views were fantastic as well as the waterfalls. We stopped several times to either take in the views or visit some hot spots such as Jolly Rogers (best wings in town) and the local bar where we enjoyed a fabulous lunch. At the end of the tour it started raining really hard and Karl supplied us all with rain gear and ponchos.....I have to say I am not much of a rain person but it was totally awesome riding the ATV's in the rain...this was an experience I will never forget and would definitely recommend this tour to all. Next time I return to Costa Rica this will be the number one thing to do on my list.

Visited May 2013
Vallejo, California
“Awesome adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful 6 hour ATV tour with Karl, the owner and guide. What an incredible adventure it was! We climbed mountains over some very rough terrain and took in the beauty of the area. We climbed up a trail to a beautiful waterfall along the way. So much to see! Along the way we stopped for lunch at a small local bar and had a very nice meal. Karl was great, taking time to take photographs of our group with everyone's cameras. He even supplied ponchos when we encountered rain at the very end of our adventure. If you want to see a part of Costa Rica that most people will never see take this tour. You will not regret it!

Visited May 2013
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“What a great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We all had such a wonderful time riding our 4wheelers around the rainforest; got to experience a really nice mix of nature, local culture, amazing views, fabulous lunch, and a small group adventure with just the family and our fun and knowledgable host, Karl. Thanks so much for a full day of awesomeness!!

Visited April 2013