“Amazing people in an amazing place - start your holiday here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 12 Attractions in Dominical
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer surf lessons and day trip for tourist. We also book tours and offer information about Dominical and the surrounding area.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing people in an amazing place - start your holiday here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The reason we had such a fabulous holiday in Costa Rica was because we started it with Cesar at Dominical. We picked the Costa Rica Surf Camp based on a review in Lonely Plant. It was the first place we visited after landing in San Jose and we were very lucky. Dominical is a very safe small town with a beautiful beach. It is a community of friendly business where everyone knows each other and has the feeling of a resort. If you want decent surf that's not too big or just a family friendly place to swim and relax with good food this is it. Unlike other surf schools Cesar and his brother and friends give each person one to one supervision. We were just past beginner stage when we went to Costa Rica but after five days with Cesar we were catching quite decent green waves.
While that is a good start to your holiday, Costa Rica Surf Camp and owner Cesar will make sure of the rest. Other than being great surf instructors who will transport you to different beaches to surf, Cesar is a friendly, fun loving guy who is honest and will help you find what you want. He knows Dominical and its people inside out (including accommodation -finding us a great place to stay for the budget we wanted). Cesar also took us to waterfalls (one of them so remote it was tourist free) and basically helped us plan the rest of our holiday including arranging for us to head south to his friend's jungle cabins in Osa and the stunning Corcovada Rain Forest. It's a journey that we never would have done if he hadnt told us to (6 hours driving mainly on dirt track) but was simply awesome.
Can't recommend this surf camp enough.

Arnhem, The Netherlands
“so much fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved the time I spend with the costa rica surf camp. Cesar (the owner) is a nice and open person who really makes you feel welcome in Dominical. I always had so much fun with my surflessons, and my surfinstructor Ezequiel always tryed to understand me. When I was a little scared, he allways gives me a save feeling when I was surfing. What really good is about this surfschool is that the only take 2 persons on 1 instructor. So you can get everything you need to learn surfing :D Thanks everybody for everything!
Now the last surflessons i tryed to turn more and more, I WANT MORE :)

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Really Great Surfcamp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I made the surfcamp and I adored the experience. The village (playa dominical) was really beautiful and the member of the team are really sweet. I recommend surfcamp Costa Rica for everybody of any level.

Visited January 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Denver, Colorado, United States
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

These guys were awesome! My 8 yr old son and I took lessons. The guys were so patient and we both got up. We each had our own instructor and it was very safe. They let us borrow their umbrella for the day and boogie boards. I highly recommend them for anyone looking to surf particularly if you have a child who is interested

Visited January 2013
Weatherford, Texas
“Satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of taking beginner surfing lessons with two very knowledgeable, patient, and helpful young men at Costa Rica Surf Camp, Dominical. Cesar and Ezequiel were not only good at what they do, they are just fun to be around. I would recommend anyone wanting to learn to surf to look these two up and let them introduce you to the great surf of Dominical, Costa Rica.