We stayed at Villas Alturas in February 2013 for three nights. We really enjoyed our stay. The managers Cindy and David and the staff were excellent and very helpful. The breakfasts were very good and varied from day to day. (We did not get to try Dave banana pancakes. The monkeys ate the bananas.) Having breakfast by the pool each day started the day off perfectly. The view was incredibile. The accommodations were exactly as advertised, and very clean. Each morning we had Toucans in a tree in front of our Villa and on several occasions we were able to watch white faced monkeys in the trees adjacent to the pool area. (The same ones that stole the bananas) We would return to stay at Villas Alturas in a heartbeat.
A word of advice. When they say that you should rent a four wheel drive vehicle they are not kidding. Without a four wheel drive vehicle you will not make it up the hill to Villas Alturas. Even with a four wheel drive vehicle you may wonder whether you will make it up the hill. You also will not be able to navigate many of what they loosely classify as road in the Southern Pacific Zone. When you see bare earth with rocks, massive erosion gulley’s, and enormous pot holes and you say to yourself “this cannot be a road”….. it likely is.
It is unfortunate that "aeternalis" did not spend enough time in planning their vacation to read previous trip advisor reviews or they would have known that the restaurant is is not exactly as discribed in trip advisor. That discription is also not on the hotels web site. To rank this property as a two as is simply a disservice to other readers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Alturas offers the perfect combination of peace and quiet, views, sun, beach and adventure. Situated in the Costa Ballena area, only 35 minutes south of Manuel Antonio, you can enjoy the cool beachy vibe of Dominical 15 min away, explore the Marino Ballena National Park in Uvita or sample the international cuisine offered in Ojochal. Villas Alturas offers a complimentary breakfast every morning and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day. We will plan and book all of your tours as well as help you to connect with all of the local free adventures. Barbque grill, free parking, a/c bedrooms, great pool area with an incredible views! Our road was improved in December, 2013 very easily accessible. We can accommodate 30+ people for your parties, destination wedding or any other event. Time to breathe . . . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Alturas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Alturas Hotel Dominical
- Villas Alturas Costa Rica/Dominical