Wonderful location overlooking the water. Our villa (#4) had a tree in front where toucans would sit every morning around 6:30 which was so fun to watch. The staff was nice, especially the host's daughter, Victoria. She and the bartender (and do-it-all-er), Oscar, were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to offer us anything we could need. We brought our 11 month old daughter and it was nice to have the second bedroom for her to nap in. The location is a short drive to many beaches and the town of Dominical. It was nice to not be in the center of town since we had our baby. VA had nice rooms and a big kitchen. We had planned to go grocery shopping and cook in but couldn't find much to work with in the local market. The grounds were quiet and although the pool is small I never felt it was crowded as most guests head out to the beaches during the day. Dinner is only offered once or twice a week and we happened to be there for a BBQ on our last night. It was nothing like an American style BBQ and was absolutely delicious, with various types of meats, tuna kabobs, salad, ceviche, etc.
A couple of minor negatives:
1.The driveway up to the villas is very long and is in horrendous repair. You absolutely need 4 wheel drive but even with that we ended up with a flat tire. It was not fun going up and down that road and we avoided any extra trips back to our villa if possible. I am surprised it is not maintained with how lovely the villas are.
2. Breakfast was just ok. Basic, not very filling, cheap white bread with eggs and fruit 2 mornings and huevos rancheros one morning. Would have liked some more variety and side dishes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Alturas offers the perfect combination of peace and quiet, views, sun, beach and adventure. Situated in the Costa Ballena area, only 35 minutes south of Manuel Antonio, you can enjoy the cool beachy vibe of Dominical 15 min away, explore the Marino Ballena National Park in Uvita or sample the international cuisine offered in Ojochal. Villas Alturas offers a complimentary breakfast every morning and the restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day. We will plan and book all of your tours as well as help you to connect with all of the local free adventures. Barbque grill, free parking, a/c bedrooms, great pool area with an incredible views! Our road was improved in December, 2013 very easily accessible. We can accommodate 30+ people for your parties, destination wedding or any other event. Time to breathe . . . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Villas Alturas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Alturas Hotel Dominical
- Villas Alturas Costa Rica/Dominical