“The BEST Burgers!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
“The BEST Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

It was strongly suggested that our family make it a point to eat at The Refuge in Dominical, Costa Rica during our visit last month. Mouths watering, we made an attempt the 2nd day - Sunday - only to discover they were closed Sundays & Mondays during the "off" season. But on Wednesday after a rocky beach swim we showered off using their facilities and ordered 4 appetizing sounding burgers. We were also advised to not go hungry - anywhere - as service takes a while. Totally worth the wait! Oh boy! They were HUGE, served with good fries and secret sauces - all delicious! They are truly the BEST burgers in Dominical - maybe anywhere! Mucho gusto!

• Visited August 2012

Vallejo, California
“Never Open - No Church please”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have tried to eat there on four separate times and this place is never open! When it was open on my last trip there had some kind of church service? If I wanted to go to church I would find a church to attend not a restaurant! Keep the two separate! Your god might not be mine!

Visited July 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Top Notch Burgers and Smoothies; Wifi available”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Echoing many of the recent posts, The Refuge still has some hearty, delicious burgers. The burgers are large so you may want to split them with someone else. The smoothies/batidos are also very cold and refreshing (mango and tropical mix fruit are some of our favorites). Just be patient, the make everything to order so it takes a little time to get your food -- enjoy the sounds of the beach. Wifi is available upon request.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Willis, Texas
“Best burger hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the best burger I have ever had hands down! Even my favorite place in the States does not hold a candle to this! I had at least a bite of four kinds of burgers and they were all fantabulous!

• Visited May 2012
Rogers, AR
“STILL the best burgers around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My husband and I just visited the Refuge for the fouth time. We have been to Costa Rica 4 times. We found this jewel on our first trip and now it is a MUST every time we visit!! I cannot say enough about this place! The burgers are out of this world! Big enough to share but I usually eat the whole thing!!! Very messy though!! :) The staff is great! Very friendly! The atmosphere is very relaxed and laid back. We will visit each and every time we visit Costa Rica! Thank you!

• Visited May 2012