“Beautiful space with wonderful instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 attractions in Dominical
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations, adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dominical, Costa Rica
9 attraction reviews
“Beautiful space with wonderful instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love this yoga studio when in Dominical. Sophia and her instructors are wonderful and the space is incredible. I also love to see what's new in the boutique as she has clothing, jewelry and misc items for sale.

Visited September 2012

SF Bay area
“Perfection in Dominical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my favorite thing to do during our two weeks in Costa Rica. We loved all the eco-tourism, trips to the waterfalls, walks on the beach etc, yet taking a few classes here was truly the highlight of our family trip. All those other activities were somewhat expected. This was relaxing, energizing and a complete joy for all of us before we headed out to surf lessons, lunch! and lounging. The facility is completely top notch - spotless and elegant - almost as if they've transported some top notch studio from Bali to this lovely part of Costa Rica. Everyone was gracious and helpful - even novices such as myself felt welcome and at home here. Highly recommend a stop here, as well their boutique - nothing like that in the area.

Visited January 2013
Windsor, Connecticut
“inspirational environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Spent two heavenly weeks at Bamboo YogaPlay, nestled comfortably in their "womb room". Location is very convenient to all that Dominical has to offer. Was warmly welcomed by everyone and felt right at home. Staff and owners alike are lovely people, and very helpful answering questions, booking tours and transportation. Participated in all of the yoga classes offered and loved every blessed minute exploring my edge in one of the most beautiful yoga studios I have ever practiced in. Also enjoyed the community feel of cooking in their "jungle kitchen". Highly recommend Bamboo YogaPlay. I loved it!

Visited December 2012
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Incredible setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Felt like we were in a giant tree house, with the open air walls and jungle surrounding us. This had to be the most spectacular setting I could have ever imagined to do yoga in. Real bamboo floors, too! We had a Flow class with Sheae that was very good, though not particularly challenging, which is what we prefer in our practice. We were surprised that there was only one class offered per day, six days per week, at high season. This made it harder to fit in around other family activities, so we only ended up going once. So grateful that there was a top notch facility and yoga instructor here in paradise.

Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“My first yoga experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my first yoga experience and it couldn't have been any better. One of the most amazing experiences in my life the combination of the exercise and meditation was just, I can't even find a word for it. Sofiah has an such energy about her, much like the entire place. I left there in such a zen state that lasted for hours.

Visited November 2012