“My first yoga experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Attractions in Dominical
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located in Dominical, Costa Rica, our retreat oasis lies just two minutes from the beach and warm Pacific Ocean, at the base of rain-forested mountains where the Baru River meets the sea. Home to the gorgeous Bamboo Yoga Play studio, Danyasa offers yoga, dance, movement workshops, retreats and teacher trainings, as well as accommodations, adventure tours, healing mentoring and bodywork and rest and relaxation in general. We invite you to open to experience the abundant creative life force which naturally wants to move through us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
“My first yoga experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my first yoga experience and it couldn't have been any better. One of the most amazing experiences in my life the combination of the exercise and meditation was just, I can't even find a word for it. Sofiah has an such energy about her, much like the entire place. I left there in such a zen state that lasted for hours.

Visited November 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Yoga with a twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Sofhia is a fabulous teacher and dancer. She has classes that combine both yoga and dance. With her background in movement/dance therapy she is bound to introduce you to something new, so try it.

Visited November 2012
Punta Mona, Costa Rica
“Amazing slice of paradise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This oasis in the center of Dominical was a breathe of joy as we travelled through the area. The cabin we stayed in was clean and perfect and yoga in the morning was dreamy! Sofiah was amazing!!!! I look forward to returning again soon!!!

Visited October 2012
Vienna, Austria
“Perfect chill-out Place around interesting people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed for almost two weeks at Bamboo Yoga and I have realy enjoyed the atmosphere, the People staying there - mostly from CA with a very holistic way of thinking and living - who inspired me a lot. The great thing for me was also that you can join in activities around Dominical - and there are many leisure time activities to explore - or you just do your own thing. We have organised ourselves to cook together, which was a lot of fun especially behause you can learn new things from the others.... But there is never a must. There are also a bunch of different restaurants and snackbars where you can indulge cuisine from different spots of the world.
The Yoga classes with Sophia where very thoothing for body, mind, and soul and incoming Yoga teachers were a perfect change when it comes to experience different styles of Yoga.
I would love to go there again! Maybe I can make it to the next Envision Festival!!

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California, United States
“Serenity in Central America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Bamboo YogaPlay is a beacon of light in Central America. I went their several years ago and was treated like royalty by Sofiah and Brendan, the couple who own it. The yoga studio is serene and beautiful, with incredible wood floors. The classes are amazing, with some of the best teachers I've ever had. Take a class from Sofiah if you'd like to be blessed with some tremendous love.

Visited March 2012