“A big highlight of my Costa Rica adventure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rancho Tranquilo

Rancho Tranquilo
Final de la calle publica | San Salvador in the Diamante Valley, Dominical 11901, Costa Rica
+506 8859 9153
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 14 Attractions in Dominical
Ubud, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
“A big highlight of my Costa Rica adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

On my last day at Finca De Vida, I went horseback riding with this great company, and am so so so happy that I did.

It started off with an introduction to the horses, and a brief tutorial on riding. Cori was a super friendly and informative guide, and lots of fun. I felt very well looked after with both her and a local from the area - who also had a great sense of humor - leading the way. I never felt scared or that they did anything irresponsible.

If anything, it was me who was anxious to run - to gallop, and to get a sense of adrenaline. My horse - who I loved - was Bozu. And after getting a sense of my riding ability and Bozu's comfort with me on his back, they let me run! And run! And run!

It was easily one of the most fun and thrilling adventures I've had in a long time, and easily my best horse riding experience.

We rode through the hills, across multiple streams, and had the option of visiting local attractions including a fresh water shrimp and fish pond, and a local fruit and veggie farm. Although I didn't have time, the fruit farm (many varieties of amazing bananas with fresh fruit tasting) was within 10 minutes walk of La Paz waterfalls, a beautifully serene set of falls that is very private.

Whether you're a beginner or an expert, this is simply an amazing tour in all aspects. I highly recommend this trip, and thank Cori and Jim for the awesome service they are providing, and salute them for their genuine love and care for their beautiful horses!

Visited February 2014