“Wonderful meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Washington, DC
“Wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our first night in Costa Rica was at Cuna Del Angel for dinner.....outstanding service, food and ambiance. The open air restaurant is comfortable and has a nice vibe. The menu is varied and extensive with everything we tried being delicious. The service as well was top notch. If in the area I highly recommend trying this restaurant.

salm01@optonline.net
“Best Meal in Dominical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service, food and atmosphere as good as you will find anywhere. Although a bit pricey; you get what you pay for. Nuff said.

Dominical, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Disappoints...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Awesome atmosphere, but service seemed disappointed I wasn't ordering bottles of wine to pad the tab. Maybe it was a bad night, I've had meals in the past there much better, but food all around was mediocre - even the $11 dollar soup. Not many real good options, but I won't be back anytime soon...

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baraboo
“Charming open air restaurant in the round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

There are quite a few steps to get to the restaurant but the food, drinks, and sunset are worth it. We had a generous portion of fish with a lemon caper sauce that was terrific. The mojitos are large and tasty.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Dominical's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I visited the restaurant at Cuna del Angel three times during our month (January) in Dominical. We think their margaritas are the best in the area. The atmosphere is romantic; lighting is nice. They have a very nice lounge area ( seems underutilized) which we took advantage of for our drinks last night. The service is very professional but friendly. I am a light eater so I usually got appetizers. Last night I started with their stacked grilled vege antipasto salad which was excellent. I had the tuna carpaccio appetizer as my entree. I would order both again. My husband had the Caribbean salad ( he has had twice now) which has a wonderful ginger dressing. He had sea bass with basil sauce which he also loved. Every plate is beautiful in it 's presentation.
It might be a little more costly than other restaurants in Dominical (although the sea bass was about $15 which we would have paid $22 or so for in U.S.). The prices are very fair in our opinion. Put it on your list for a special evening out. If you are coming from the south, it can be tricky to find. If you pass the Jolly Roger sign on your right, you have just passed it.