“Great upscale place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palapa Restaurant

Las Palapa Restaurant
9 km south of Dominical in Puerto Cito | Hotel Cuna del Angel, Dominical, Costa Rica
506 787 8012
Dining options: Reservations
Ojochal, Costa Rica
“Great upscale place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I live in Dominical and have lunch here often. I like it. Where else can you get escargot in Dominical? Service is great.

Visited January 2012

“Excellent food in a beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

We found the restaurant through Trip Advisor. The restaurant is finely decorated with beautiful jungle views. We watched monkeys and toucans move through the trees while enjoying our margaritas and appetizers. The service was excellent in the beginning, but was a little slow once the restaurant became busy.

Gourmet food in Costa Rica can be pricey, so we were surprised by the prices. With three adults we each had a Strawberry Margarita (yum), a beer, an appetizer, an entree, and we split two desserts--all for $100. The Escargot was some of the best I have ever had and the Avocado Spring Rolls were delightful. For entrees the Churrasco Beef and the Seabass with Capers were our favorite and we finished the meal with Creme Brulee and Cheescake with Passion Fruit Sauce. Every bite was delicious.

San Jose, Costa Rica
“An amazing discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2010

We were staying in Quepos and decided to go for a drive and try a new restaurant. The Hotel Cuna del Angel and Las Palapa Restaurant is about a 40 minute drive from Quepos and the road was almost entirely paved. We went for lunch and found the place delightful. The service was wonderful and the food was amazing. I had a spinach, bacon and mushroom salad which was just the perfect size for a started and then the most delightful fresh tomato soup with shrimp! My husband had the escargot which were the best we had tasted anywhere in the world and then he ordered the steak in Jalapeño sauce which was cooked to perfection. Both the owner and the manager stopped by our table to ask how our meal was and I was delighted to learn that the chef was local. I expected him to be recently arrived from a France.
The hotel itself was beautiful and I thought it would be the most wonderfully place for a quiet get away or honeymoon. Next time I think we will stay there in hopes of more delightful meals!
and decided to try a new restauraunt

San Isidro
“Really nice restaurant with nice food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

I've been in this restaurant a few times now, and I'll probably will go there again, because I like the beautiful details of the hotel and the restaurant, it's something nice to show to my customers.
But they have to change one thing....the qualty of the pastas.
In general the starters are nice, the main dishes also, and the creme brulee is fantastic, but the pastas are not good enough. I like them al dente, but they are just cooked too long. Me as a pasta lover......I'm sorry, but I think it's important.
You'll see me again, and we'll see how the pasta is next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“Beyond Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

This is by far the best restaurant in the entire Dominical area. The food is incredible. The service is top notch. The owners are onsite with their small hotel. If the owner's recommend something just eat it. This restaurant is as good as any 5 star place in the States except that the price is Costa Rican. The best food that we have had in years. The passion fruit pie was amazing.