“Back again!” 5 of 5 stars

Scotsdale
“Back again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

Hi There

Just a note to say we came back again and stayed at the Trailriders and got exactly the same serivce as we have in previous visits,

Nice to see the improvements made extra rooms been built and a Launderette the place looks better everytime we go back, nice to see the reception area changed as well, Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the great welcome by our new friends we met who were our roomies and the invite to the Cook out

Look forward to meeting you all back there in February

• Liked — Big Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Harbor City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

We just returned from our stay in Tombstone. I must say that of all the motels in Tombstone Trail Riders Inn was the right choice. We arrived late after closing and our rooms were ready with keys inside. Very clean and comfortable. Excellent location in Tombstone. Everything was within walking distance.The owners were great. Pool and Spa was very nice. Coffee, donuts and muffins every morning. Free wifi and cable. The rooms were made up everyday. The Best in Town!!

• Liked — The rooms and location.
  • Disliked — Nothing to report.
Payson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

Reading some of the reviews before I checked in, I was unsure I had the right place. Puzzling.

The photographs show this huge parking area. However it was so small I had trouble parking just to get to the office - and it was only 2:00 on Friday! Counting the rooms, and then the available number of spaces, it became quickly apparent that there was nowhere near enough spaces. So I asked the clerk (the owners were out of town). She told me there was additional parking OUT IN THE STREET.

So I paid for two days anyway as I was afraid motels might be booked for the weekend. As it turned out, a groundless fear! When I was paying I was then informed there would be an additional $30 a night for our dog. Non-refundable! Yikes. When I talked to the owner over the phone (before leaving home) she quoted me a rate for a pet room of only $58. So I made a reservation for two nights with my Master card - or so I thought.

Taking a drive around town I found that every motel I visited had a vacancy. So back to the motel to try to get a refund. Even though it was only 2:30 on Friday I was charged - including the extra for the dog. I told the clerk I thought this a little unfair - to no avail.

I did look at the room, however. Very tiny and very old. One queen and 2 cheap straight back chairs. One small TV. I feel unqualified to rate the rooms other than that.

• 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2008

Driving into Tombstone we noticed a "Vacancy" sign, turned in and found the most friendly place we have ever stayed in.
Lauren and Paul the owners couldn't do enough for us they were so genuine and helpful they made our first trip to Tombstone really GREAT.
Everything about Trail Riders was a good experience.
The rooms were quite big and very clean, the beds very comfortable, the morning coffee and donuts etc a really welcome way to start the day. From watching the sun come up with a nice hot coffee to arriving back to the Pretty well lit courtyard after a night in town, the whole ambience was perfect.
We stayed 5 nights and the car never moved until we had to leave.
To sum up if you are going to Tombstone, We would say Trail Rider's is the ONLY place to stay, the perfect place in every way.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

This motel was quaint and off the beaten path, but still close to old Tombstone. Very quiet and had a nice pool area. The owners are very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Why pay the cost of a "chain" motel when you can stay at The Trail Rider's Inn for half the price, but get the same quality. All rooms are extremely clean, spaceous and tastefully decorated. Also located 5 mins walk to downtown Allen Street. We highly recommend this motel. Do not look any further. Julie & Keith Yarnall, Wakefield, England.

Stayed September 2008
Palm Springs area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

If you are looking for the cleanest, most conveniently located motel in Tombstone the Trail Riders Inn is the place. Paul and Lauren are great hosts and they have obvious pride in their property. Being just 2 blocks from all the action meant we just parked our car for the weekend and walked to all the attractions.
Staying here was like staying with your new best friends - 7 rooms were occupied by repeat customers so it was like old home week and we just joined in the fun. Ask if the BUNKHOUSE is available, you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — Paul and Lauren just made us feel at home at their SPOTLESS property!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Trail Rider's Inn Motel? Share your experiences!