“New, clean, and friendly hotel near the center of Tombstone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Tombstone Grand Hotel

You added The Tombstone Grand Hotel to your Saves list
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   580 W Randolph Way, PO Box 1730, Tombstone, AZ 85638 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Rate
$89 (USD)
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Tombstone
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“New, clean, and friendly hotel near the center of Tombstone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I was near Tombstone for business. We had stayed here once before, but it has since changed names. It was just as I remembered and I was quite glad we stayed there. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. They will give you a free map at the front and recommend various activities around Tombstone. It was a very enjoyable stay. And it is a beautiful setting!

Room Tip: I would recommend any of the upper floors. Good views and further away from bugs that may enter on t...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Girl4God28! Thank you for staying with us again in Tombstone! I know my team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the property was up to your standards. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us. Travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Ashley S! Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time to review your experience. I was pleased to hear that this return visit to our property was up to your expectations and that we were able to provide you with a clean property and friendly team members to make you welcome. I hope that we see you again soon!
Seaside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is the place to stay while visiting Tombstone! It is close to everything worth seeing in this area. I recommend seeing Boot Hill, eating at "Big Nose Kate's" for lunch and seeing the "Helldorado" gunfight show for amusement.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

John_Mesen, General Manager at The Tombstone Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hi Dennis J and thank you for staying with us! I really appreciate the kind words in your review and I will share them with our team. If you have any ideas or suggestions for us, please feel free to contact the hotel anytime. Travel safely and I hope we see you again in Tombstone!
Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

As a fairly frequent visitor to Tombstone, I have to say that the Grand Hotel on Hwy 80 near Boot Hill, was a great and pleasant surprise after reading it was rated only fourth of the Tombstone Hotels/Motels. Some earlier reviews were really harsh, and the rates listed were $20 to $25 more than the higher rated places. But the "Manager's Special" brought the rates down to the others so I thought I would take a chance. Since my wife was with me on this trip I was looking for something a little nicer and more modern than those in town.

Not knowing what to expect, I kept my fingers crossed as we checked in, but immediately knew I had made the right decision. We walked in to a clean, modern motel. The staff was very friendly and courteous and explained the pool/spa, movie night, breakfast, etc., amenities. Our room was very clean, modern, and comfortable, with a good shower, and a working air conditioner. And since it was a Monday night...very quiet. We also appreciated the 24 hour coffee, oatmeal, and hot chocolate. An outdoor patio area overlooking the terrain was nice too...but with the rain we were not able to take as much advantage of it as we would have liked.

The self serve breakfast was what you would expect in most nice motels, but nothing special. Checkout was a breeze, and we were presented with little bag of souviniers, which was a really nice touch.

I asked the staff why they were not rated higher, and they admitted there had been some problems in the past, but they were working very hard to turn that around...and we would agree that they are working hard...and succeeding !!!

Compared to the other motels in town that I have stayed at in Tombstone and rated 4's, this deserves 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Dale175! Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to prove our commitment to providing a truly memorable experience for all of our guests. I really appreciate the detail you provided in your review and the recommendation you gave for the property. I will be sharing your kind words with our team and I know they will be pleased to hear about the positive impression they made during your visit. I do hope that we see you when you return to the area - travel safely!
Arizona City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much. This hotel had all of the amenities we require, such as pool, hot tub, refrigerator in room and breakfast. The staff is friendly and willing to help with ideas for places to visit while in Tombstone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Lizabeth L! Thank you for staying with us and for the kind words about the property and our friendly, helpful staff! I hope your group enjoyed the ride to this part of the Southwest! Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us as we are always looking to improve. Travel safely!
Corona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Ground floor room was good, no climbing stairs. Breakfast was good, 12 noon checkout was a blessing for our sleeping late persons. Would not suggest walking into town, snakes, tarantulas etc. are in the area. The only thing open after 9 pm are the bars. Beware immigration checkpoint as you leave town; we were asked if we had documents to prove US Citizenship. Definitely see the gunfight show and do the stagecoach tour. Good ice-cream and sandwich shop in town. We will stay here again and visit Tombstone again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Ernest A! Thank you for staying with us while you visited this historic part of the Southwest! I know my team will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I will pass along your kind words about the property. Travel safely and I hope we see you again!
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice lady that checked us in and was very helpful in providing us with information. Your rooms were very nice and clean. We had a nice breakfast the next morning before visiting your town. A very nice visit and we would recommend The Tombstone Grand.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi happylife66! I really appreciate that you took time to write a review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your kind words with our team and I know they will want me to pass along a "Please come see us again soon!" Thank you and travel safely!

Been to The Tombstone Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!